XJW web sites

by ballistic 18 Replies latest jw friends

• ballistic
    ballistic

almost sounds like a job for undisfellowshipped

LOL

If he posted in HTML I think we would have this wrapped up!

• larc
    larc

I like xpat's idea. My friend JAVA has such an index, with a brief description of the different sites. It is hard to find, however. If you go to members and find JAVA's name you can go to his web site. His index is at the end of his section, "Surviving the Truth". I think something like his format with a little more detail regarding each item in the index, would be good as a stand alone "index web site."

• izobcenec
    izobcenec

We recently put up this xjw page: http://www.jehovahsxwitnesses.tk/

Now there are hundreds of xjw websites on the net and lot of quality articles & material...but its
    hard to find a site that has it all...the closest is probably wt observer...so idea of our website
    was..."the best of xjw" or all the best links to xjw material, few eye-opening articles, inviting
    and clear design and regular updating of the page & news

what more can be done? surely, the interactive webpages have future...with all that flash
    possibilities...also, when creating xjw page, one should always put something unique on it...
    something, that has not been published anywhere else

oh yeah, and good organisation is the key

• nowaytess
    nowaytess

I have both an Egroup and Website:

My webpage is unfinished at this time, but you can look at myne:

http://www.angelfire.com/fl5/exjwchristians/

Here is my Egroup: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/christianexjehovahswitnesses/

It is Christian based, but all are invited.

• Simon
    Simon

What I'd love to do if I have the time is create a big index of all the other ExJW sites with code that could be inserted to tie them all together. So, whatever page you were looking at, there would be an option to see more things about whatever subjects there were on the page or see whatever else was happening, JW related, at the time. The content itself would not be from one particular site.

As well as categories, I'd like to record and link all the topics and events in a timeline (like http://www.jwtruth.com/jwt/timeline.asp) but much more comprehensive and making possible to see thing (esp. recent events) in more detail.

I think all the information is out there already but is just a bit disjointed. If people collaborated more then it would be more poerful and a better resource for people wanting to research information.

I'm just looking at Bayesian Classification / Textual Analysis algorithms to group text together by ideas and map 'topics' as they emerge (the idea being to classify topics on here better and provide links to similar threads) but the same thing could be used on a bigger scale and allow searching for 'ideas' across JW sites rather than just keywords. Obviously, if I had a huge budget I could get a copy of Autonomy or Inktomi classifier but I'm seeing what freeware algorithms are available first.

• ballistic
    ballistic

Cheers - there's some great ideas there. hmmm. Yeah it's led me to think of a site where people can submit links which I then check and categorise for the site.

• Prisca
    Prisca

When I first found the internet a few years ago, there were numerous sites all linked together via a web-ring. It was called the "recovering jehovahs witnesses web-ring" or something like that. They were all sites made by various exes, mainly discussing their exit out of the Borg and JW-related material.

They were a very big help in my exit, as not only did they give facts, but they gave personal accounts, which helped me realise I wasn't going crazy (or at least, not yet!)

• professor
    professor
    What I'd love to do if I have the time is create a big index of all the other ExJW sites with code that could be inserted to tie them all together. So, whatever page you were looking at, there would be an option to see more things about whatever subjects there were on the page or see whatever else was happening, JW related, at the time.

Simon's answer to the NWT reference Bible! Hee Hee!

• Lin
    Lin

I've found alot of sites/groups out there too, but some are for people living in specific states, some are for those "further along in their healing", some are just for woman, etc. I have really like Silentlambs, but the guestbook has been riddled with alot of jerks posting garbage and it's angered alot of newbies who've visited the site. Because of those reasons, I created a msn group for anyone and everyone, men and woman included, newly out, thinking of leaving the org, those wanting to discuss various doctrines, amongst many other things. We have quite a few from Silentlambs guestbook who have joined, and some from this site are members too. For anyone interested, here's the link:

http://groups.msn.com/WatchtowerExcape

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit