Cease and Desist from WT

by rem 12 Replies latest jw friends

• rem
    rem

I know that some who post here have received Cease and Desist orders from Watchtower lawyers concerning the publication of Watchtower literature on the web. Here is a website where you can log such legal harrassment and get some advice on what is legal and what is not:

http://chillingeffects.org/

You can also see how other religious groups, such as the Church of Scientology are actively harrassing people who post their literature and even search engines such as Google that link to these pages.

rem

• crownboy
    crownboy

Thanks for the info, rem.

Funny how these groups that claim to have all the answers seem to be the most adamant against questioning and scrutiny by others. If you're afraid of some guy with thick glasses wearing dirty underwear running a minor website picking apart your theology, then you're in more trouble than your lawyers can bail you out of .

• Valis
    Valis

Tks for the site...Doesn't look like anyone has filed at that site about the WTBTS yet. Maybe and hopefully soon.

Sincerely,

District overbeer

• Haereticus
    Haereticus

There are only 10 types of people in this world: those who understand binary, and those who don't.

It is off the topic, but I could not resist. I have had the illusion that binary is only two ways about it. Hexadecimal group might well consist of 16 people not mentioning the binary coded decimal group of ten.

But then again I might be the eleventh.

Mark

• jws
    jws

Now why would posting "truth" from their publications to the web be bad?

Why, if their goal is to spread their message to "all the inhabited earth", why would posting it to the web be bad?

• nicolaou
    nicolaou

Cease & Desist notices do work both ways of course. Why not issue your own to the Watchtower?

Do it here: http://www.do-not-call.org/diyregistration.htm

Nic'

• rem
    rem

That's pretty cool, Nic!

rem

• out4good3
    out4good3

Is sthis the reason why nobody's posted the nov KM yet?

I was thinking of scanning my wife's and posting it here.

Edited by - out4good3 on 26 October 2002 0:52:3

• Jesus Christ
    Jesus Christ
    There are only 10 types of people in this world: those who understand binary, and those who don't.

It is off the topic, but I could not resist. I have had the illusion that binary is only two ways about it. Hexadecimal group might well consist of 16 people not mentioning the binary coded decimal group of ten.

But then again I might be the eleventh.

Mark

Hehehehehehehehe, this is funny because it shows you don't know binary.

Here's a hint, learn to count in binary and you'll get the joke. I saw a shirt with this on it and thought about buying it but decided not to because I knew I'd just spend most of my time explaining it.

Edited by - Jesus Christ on 26 October 2002 1:30:12

• professor
    professor

There must be new laws made for copyrights on this kind of stuff. Religious organizations should not be able to hide behind copyright laws to suppress the truth about themselves.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit