ANOTHER underwater city found

by Nathan Natas 21 Replies latest jw friends

• heathen
    heathen

I have always had an interest in science and ancient history myself.These kind of stories are facinating.It's interesting to see the conflict between theologians and theorists ,on the one side you have the flood and on the other you have an ice age .Both are just as unprovable.In any event I can't wait to see further discoveries to explain the unexplainable.

• aluminutty
    aluminutty

Val:

We _should_ pay attention to the flood myths." This phrase doesn't in any way mean that we should go look for a damn ark. No, and noone is saying that a pissy deity made it rain for 40 days and 40 nights spelling the end of civilization-- that is noone except for head-in-arse fundys. The point is that there are multiple and hugely varied accounts of a massive flood event which happend thousands of years ago. These accounts span continents and cultures. What I believe is that something happened such as is hypothisizedin the article. After the ice sheets began to melt, early early civilization was greatly disrupted. We are only left with the fractured tales of such an event -- those which outlived the shattered lives of the event's survivors.

• Jesika
    Jesika

Thanks for the info!!! How interesting!!!! Cool pic too!

• Kenneson
    Kenneson

Fascinating articles! Whatever one may think of the flood myths, it is precisely what led to Graham's discovery. Glad he was not so skeptical.

• TruckerGB
    TruckerGB

This is one of my favorite subjects too,I have always found the flood myths fasinating as they seem to go back a lot further in time than previously thought,I know some would scoff at the idea,but could the flood myths,just maybe,be some distant echo of the ending of the ice age,because this is when a lot of the land in question was flooded,it is well known that the sea levels rose by 3-400 feet.Who knows.

Take care,

Rich

• nilfun
    nilfun

Natan Natas, I love these kinds of posts. More fuel for my daydreams.......

• KD
    KD

Thanks for the update. There is another site off India that was dicovered last spring, I think? I am curious if this is the same place. I will have to look in to it. Also waiting for the exploration to take place off Cuba where a special robot is being constructed in Canada for that purpose. I guess there may be a building 2500 feet under water. This special robot will find out if it is a building or just a rock formation...........I LOVE THIS STUFF!!!!!!!

• Satanus
    Satanus

I don't take hancock too seriously. He's sort of like an amateur travel agent. But it looks like he found something this time.

Could such a culture have been lost during the Great Flood, which is legendary in many different cultures, all over the world. Hancock says, I have argued for many years that the worlds flood myths deserve to be taken seriously, a view that most Western academics reject. But here in Mahabalipuram, we have proved the myths right and the academics wrong.

Since the temples are still under water, that must mean that the flood is still in progress. Great proof, hancock.

SS

• Navigator
    Navigator

In another book regarding the pyramids at Giza, Hancock postulates that the earth's crust slipped due to the weight of the ice caps which explains the frozen mamouths with undigested grass in their stomachs. He also speculates that the lost continent of Atlantis may have been Antartica which would have been wiped out by such a catastrophe. If true, then mankind is a lot older than the bible would indicate. The melting of the ice caps would certainly raise the water level in the ocean, but not so dramatically and rapidly as decribed in the flood stories.

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

Bah! the pyramids are natural anomalies.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit