Who is Jesus Christ?

by UnDisfellowshipped 22 Replies latest watchtower bible

• jack2
    jack2

Well, we have a Jesus Christ posting here.

• Yaqubos
    Yaqubos

Peace to you!

Jesus Christ came to save us. He had to die to save us. A simple human can't give his life. Only God has the right to give and take lives. Jesus had to be God so that He could give His life!

Very simple! Just read the Bible, and don't read yourselves in the Bible!

Bless you!

Yaqubos

• Jedi
    Jedi

"I am that living bread which has come down from heaven: if anyone eats this bread he shall live for ever. Moreover, the bread which I will give is my own flesh; I give it for the life of the world.....

"In truth, in very truth I tell you, unless you eat the flesh of the Son of Man and drink his blood you can have no life in you. Whoever eats my flesh and drinks my blood possesses everlasting life,and I will raise him up on the last day.....

"Whovever eats my flesh and drinks my blood dwells continually in me and I dwell in him. As the living father sent me, and I live because of the father, so he who eats me shall live because of me.

"This is the bread which came down from heaven; and it is not like the bread which our fathers ate; they are dead, but whoever eats this bread shall live for ever."

John, Chapter 6, verses 53 - 58

• UnDisfellowshipped
    UnDisfellowshipped

Thank you all very much for your comments.

Yaqubos said:

Peace to you!

Jesus is God in flesh.

You are very correct. The Bible says this:

John 1:1: In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

John 1:14: The Word became Flesh, and lived among us. We saw His glory, such glory as of the Only-Begotten Son of the Father, full of grace and truth.

John 20:27: Then He said to Thomas, "Reach here your finger, and see My hands. Reach here your hand, and put it into My side. Don't be unbelieving, but believing."
    John 20:28: Thomas answered him, "My Lord and my God!"
    John 20:29: Jesus said to him, "Because you have seen Me, you have believed. Blessed are those who have not seen, and have believed."

John 5:23: that all may honor the Son, even as they honor the Father. He who doesn't honor the Son doesn't honor the Father who sent Him.

Hebrews 1:6: Again, when He brings in the Firstborn into the world He says, "Let all the angels of God worship Him."

Revelation 5:11: I saw, and I heard something like a voice of many angels around the throne, the living creatures, and the elders; and the number of them was ten thousands of ten thousands, and thousands of thousands;
    Revelation 5:12: saying with a loud voice, "Worthy is the Lamb who has been killed to receive the power, wealth, wisdom, strength, honor, glory, and blessing!"
    Revelation 5:13: I heard every created thing which is in Heaven, on the Earth, under the Earth, on the sea, and everything in them, saying, "To Him who sits on the throne, and to the Lamb be the blessing, the honor, the glory, and the dominion, forever and ever! Amen!"
    Revelation 5:14: The four living creatures said, "Amen!" The elders fell down and worshiped.

He is my Lord and Savior! Amen.

Amen indeed! The Bible says this:

Luke 2:11: For there is born to you, this day, in the City of David, a Savior, who is Christ the Lord.

Mark 16:19: So then the Lord Jesus, after He had spoken to them, was received up into Heaven, and sat down at the right hand of God.
    Mark 16:20: They went out, and preached everywhere, the Lord working with them, and confirming the Word by the signs that followed. Amen.

Acts 10:36: The Word which He sent to the children of Israel, preaching Good News of peace by Jesus Christ -- He is Lord of all --

Romans 14:9: For to this end Christ died, rose, and lived again, that He might be Lord of both the dead and the living.

Philippians 2:9: Therefore God also highly exalted Him, and gave to Him the Name which is above every name;
    Philippians 2:10: that at the Name of Jesus every knee should bow, of those in Heaven, those on Earth, and those under the Earth,
    Philippians 2:11: and that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.

1st Corinthians 12:3: Therefore I make known to you that no man speaking by God's Spirit says, "Jesus is accursed." No one can say, "Jesus is Lord," but by the Holy Spirit.

Romans 10:9: that if you will confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord, and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you will be saved.

John 4:42: They said to the woman, "Now we believe, not because of your speaking; for we have heard for ourselves, and know that this is indeed the Christ, the Savior of the world."

Acts 5:31: God exalted Him with His right hand to be a Prince and a Savior, to give repentance to Israel, and remission of sins.

Philippians 3:20: For our citizenship is in Heaven, from where we also wait for a Savior, the Lord Jesus Christ;

Titus 2:13: looking for the blessed hope and Appearing of the glory of our Great God and Savior, Jesus Christ;

Jesus Christ came to save us. He had to die to save us. A simple human can't give his life. Only God has the right to give and take lives. Jesus had to be God so that He could give His life!

Very true. Jesus not only died for us, but He had the power and authority to take His own Life back! The Bible says this:

John 3:16: For God so loved the world, that He gave His Only-Begotten Son, so that whoever believes in Him should not perish, but have eternal life.

John 10:17: Therefore the Father loves Me, because I lay down My Life, that I may take it again.
    John 10:18: No one takes it away from Me, but I lay it down by Myself. I have power to lay it down, and I have power to take it again. I received this Commandment from My Father."

John 2:19: Jesus answered them, "Destroy this Temple, and in three days I will raise it up."
    John 2:20: The Jews therefore said, "This Temple was being built for Forty-six years, and will you raise it up in three days?"
    John 2:21: But He spoke of the Temple of His Body.
    John 2:22: When therefore He was raised from the dead, His Disciples remembered that He said this, and they believed the Scripture, and the Word which Jesus had said.

A Paduan said:

He is the Son of the Living God.

Very true indeed. The Bible says this:

Matthew 14:33: Those who were in the boat came and worshiped Him, saying, "You are truly the Son of God!"

Matthew 16:15: He said to them, "But who do you say that I am?"
    Matthew 16:16: Simon Peter answered, "You are the Christ, the Son of the Living God."
    Matthew 16:17: Jesus answered him, "Blessed are you, Simon Bar Jonah, for flesh and blood has not revealed this to you, but My Father who is in Heaven.

Matthew 26:63: But Jesus held His peace. The high priest answered Him, "I adjure you by the Living God, that you tell us whether you are the Christ, the Son of God."
    Matthew 26:64: Jesus said to him, "You have said it. Nevertheless, I tell you, henceforth you will see the Son of Man sitting at the right hand of Power, and Coming on the clouds of the sky."

Matthew 27:54: Now the centurion, and those who were with him watching Jesus, when they saw the earthquake, and the things that were done, feared exceedingly, saying, "Truly this was the Son of God."

Mark 1:1: The beginning of the Gospel of Jesus Christ, the Son of God.

Luke 1:35: The angel answered her, "The Holy Spirit will come on you, and the power of the Most High will overshadow you. Therefore also the Holy One who is born from you will be called the Son of God.

StinkyPantz said:

Jesus was possibly a very charismatic, influential man who wanted to help his people.

Correct, Jesus Christ was most certainly a Man, but He was much more than that, as the Bible Verses above show. The Bible says this about Jesus being 100% Human:

Romans 5:15: But the free gift isn't like the trespass. For if by the trespass of the one the many died, much more did the grace of God, and the gift by the grace of the One Man, Jesus Christ, abound to the many.

1st Timothy 2:5: For there is One God, and One Mediator between God and men, the Man Christ Jesus,

garboru said:

Greetings to all who read this note. I hope it finds all in good health.

Who is Jesus... great question.

I, like most, have my thought on who he was while living on the earth.

He was the promised messiah.

Very True. The Bible says this:

John 1:41: He first found his own brother, Simon, and said to him, "We have found the Messiah!" (which is, being interpreted, Christ).

John 4:25: The woman said to Him, "I know that Messiah comes," (He who is called Christ). "When He has come, He will declare to us all things."
    John 4:26: Jesus said to her, "I am He, the One who speaks to you."

The Prophet as prophesied by Moses.

Deuteronomy 18:15: Yahweh your God will raise up to you a Prophet from the midst of you, of your brothers, like me; to Him you shall listen;
    Deuteronomy 18:16: according to all that you desired of Yahweh your God in Horeb in the day of the assembly, saying, Let me not hear again the voice of Yahweh my God, neither let me see this great fire any more, that I not die.
    Deuteronomy 18:17: Yahweh said to me, They have well said that which they have spoken.
    Deuteronomy 18:18: I will raise them up a Prophet from among their brothers, like you; and I will put My Words in His mouth, and He shall speak to them all that I shall command Him.
    Deuteronomy 18:19: It shall happen, that whoever will not listen to My Words which He shall speak in My Name, I will require it of him.

John 1:45: Philip found Nathanael, and said to him, "We have found Him, of whom Moses in the Law, and the Prophets, wrote: Jesus of Nazareth, the Son of Joseph."

John 5:46: For if you believed Moses, you would believe Me; for he wrote about Me.
    John 5:47: But if you don't believe his Writings, how will you believe My Words?"

Acts 3:22: For Moses indeed said to the fathers, 'The Lord God will raise up a Prophet for you from among your brothers, like me. You shall listen to Him in all things whatever He says to you.
    Acts 3:23: It will be, that every soul that will not listen to that Prophet will be utterly destroyed from among the people.'
    Acts 3:24: Yes, and all the Prophets from Samuel and those who followed after, as many as have spoken, they also told of these days.
    Acts 3:25: You are the children of the Prophets, and of the Covenant which God made with our fathers, saying to Abraham, 'In your Seed will all the families of the Earth be blessed.'
    Acts 3:26: God, having raised up His Servant, Jesus, sent Him to you first, to bless you, in turning away everyone of you from your wickedness."

Matthew 21:11: The multitudes said, "This is the Prophet, Jesus, from Nazareth of Galilee."

Luke 7:16: Fear took hold of all, and they glorified God, saying, "A Great Prophet has arisen among us!" and, "God has visited His people!"

The representative of Yahweh.

But Yahweh Himself? No.

Well, check out the Scriptures I posted above, and tell me what you think.

Please DO NOT EVER believe what I say, until you check it out in the Bible.

Jedi said:

"I am that living bread which has come down from heaven: if anyone eats this bread he shall live for ever. Moreover, the bread which I will give is my own flesh; I give it for the life of the world.....

"In truth, in very truth I tell you, unless you eat the flesh of the Son of Man and drink his blood you can have no life in you. Whoever eats my flesh and drinks my blood possesses everlasting life,and I will raise him up on the last day.....

"Whovever eats my flesh and drinks my blood dwells continually in me and I dwell in him. As the living father sent me, and I live because of the father, so he who eats me shall live because of me.

"This is the bread which came down from heaven; and it is not like the bread which our fathers ate; they are dead, but whoever eats this bread shall live for ever."

John, Chapter 6, verses 53 - 58

Thank You for those Great Verses!!

Edited by - UnDisfellowshipped on 1 November 2002 2:14:30

• seedy3
    seedy3

Hi Undef'd

Umm I was wondering you said this, along with another quote:

The Prophet as prophesied by Moses.

Matthew 21:11: The multitudes said, "This is the Prophet, Jesus, from Nazareth of Galilee."

Luke 7:16: Fear took hold of all, and they glorified God, saying, "A Great Prophet has arisen among us!" and, "God has visited His people!"

Now I'm not saying that Moses never said that, but Moses didn't write Matthew or Luke. In fact those two books were not written until about 1300 years or so after Moses. So I am interested in where Moses said it, or rather wrote it, as that statement is out of context.

Thx
    Seedy

• gumby
    gumby

UD,

Perhaps your question should have been,

"Who do you think Jesus is......then I'll tell you if your correct or not".

Yaqubos said:

Peace to you!

Jesus is God in flesh.

You are very correct.

Don't you wonder why it should be a problem to know who Jesus is? How hard SHOULD IT BE to figure out? Why are their so many opinions? I personally do not know. I have believed the Trinity then not believed it.I have gotten tired of trying to FIGURE it out.

I feel if the bibles that hard to figure out it's doctrine's,...then NOT KNOW if you are correct........then it's questionable that it's god ordained.

• UnDisfellowshipped
    UnDisfellowshipped

Seedy,

Thank You for your Post

You are right, I want to apologize for not posting the Scriptures where Moses prophesied about the Prophet (instead I posted some Scriptures where people were recognizing Jesus as the Prophet).

I have Edited my Post above, and added those Scriptures.

Here are the Scriptures:

Deuteronomy 18:15 (Moses Speaking): Yahweh your God will raise up to you a Prophet from the midst of you, of your brothers, like me; to Him you shall listen;
    Deuteronomy 18:16: according to all that you desired of Yahweh your God in Horeb in the day of the assembly, saying, Let me not hear again the voice of Yahweh my God, neither let me see this great fire any more, that I not die.
    Deuteronomy 18:17: Yahweh said to me, They have well said that which they have spoken.
    Deuteronomy 18:18: I will raise them up a Prophet from among their brothers, like you; and I will put My Words in His mouth, and He shall speak to them all that I shall command Him.
    Deuteronomy 18:19: It shall happen, that whoever will not listen to My Words which He shall speak in My Name, I will require it of him.

John 1:45: Philip found Nathanael, and said to him, "We have found Him, of whom Moses in the Law, and the Prophets, wrote: Jesus of Nazareth, the Son of Joseph."

John 5:46: For if you believed Moses, you would believe Me; for he wrote about Me.
    John 5:47: But if you don't believe his Writings, how will you believe My Words?"

Acts 3:22: For Moses indeed said to the fathers, 'The Lord God will raise up a Prophet for you from among your brothers, like me. You shall listen to Him in all things whatever He says to you.
    Acts 3:23: It will be, that every soul that will not listen to that Prophet will be utterly destroyed from among the people.'
    Acts 3:24: Yes, and all the Prophets from Samuel and those who followed after, as many as have spoken, they also told of these days.
    Acts 3:25: You are the children of the Prophets, and of the Covenant which God made with our fathers, saying to Abraham, 'In your Seed will all the families of the Earth be blessed.'
    Acts 3:26: God, having raised up His Servant, Jesus, sent Him to you first, to bless you, in turning away everyone of you from your wickedness."

God Bless You!

• UnDisfellowshipped
    UnDisfellowshipped

Hi Gumby!

Thank you for posting!

You said:

Perhaps your question should have been,

"Who do you think Jesus is......then I'll tell you if your correct or not".

Well, my intention with this Thread is to use the Bible as my ONLY source for information on who Jesus is. I do not want to give my own opinion, I want to give only what the Bible states about Christ.

Also, I want to make sure everyone understands that they should NEVER believe what I say, until they make sure it is Truth by reading the Bible.

Acts 17:10: The brothers immediately sent Paul and Silas away by night to Beroea. When they arrived, they went into the Jewish synagogue.
    Acts 17:11: Now these were more noble than those in Thessalonica, in that they received the Word with all readiness of the mind, examining the Scriptures daily to see whether these things were so.
    Acts 17:12: Many of them therefore believed; also of the prominent Greek women, and not a few men.

The Greek word for "Examining" in that Verse can also mean the following things:

* judging
    * investigating
    * enquiring into
    * scrutinizing
    * sifting
    * questioning
    * interrogating
    * determining
    * asking
    * discerning
    * searching

So, the Apostle Paul encouraged everyone to do some major research and study in the Scriptures to make sure what is True, and what is Not True.

Don't you wonder why it should be a problem to know who Jesus is? How hard SHOULD IT BE to figure out? Why are their so many opinions? I personally do not know. I have believed the Trinity then not believed it.I have gotten tired of trying to FIGURE it out.

I feel if the bibles that hard to figure out it's doctrine's,...then NOT KNOW if you are correct........then it's questionable that it's god ordained.

I truly do know how you feel. There are so many things in the Bible that I haven't figured out yet, but I'm always learning new things from the Scriptures.

I don't believe God will punish you (or anyone) for not understanding, if you have sincerely studied and researched the Scriptures, and prayed to God to help you understand.

I don't think God meant for us to understand everything about the details of the relationship between the Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ.

The Bible says that in order to be saved, you must believe that Jesus is the Christ (Messiah), the Son of God, our Savior, our Lord, and our Mediator. You must also believe that Jesus died for your sins and that He was raised up.

Here are some of the Names and Titles that Jesus is given in the Bible:

Lord God Almighty
    The Word
    The Son of God the Father
    The Son of Man (which means Jesus had a True Human Nature, added to His Divine Nature)
    The Alpha and The Omega
    The First and The Last
    The Beginning and The End
    The Christ (The Anointed One)
    The Messiah (The Anointed One)
    The King of Kings
    The Lord of Lords
    The Savior of the World
    The Blessed and Only Ruler
    The Head of God's Creation
    The Seed of Abraham
    The Son of David
    The Captain of Yahweh's Armies
    The Captain and Author of Salvation
    The Chief Shepherd
    The Good Shepherd
    The Fine Shepherd
    The Leader and Commander
    The Wonderful Counselor
    The Prince of Peace
    The Everlasting Father
    The Deliverer
    The Way
    The Life
    The Truth
    Immanuel (GOD WITH US)
    The Eternal Life
    The Faithful and True Witness
    The Glory of Yahweh
    The Great High Priest
    The Governor
    The Heir of All Things
    The Holy One
    The Judge
    The Prophet
    The Just and Righteous One
    The Lamb
    The Light of the World
    The Lion of the Tribe of Judah
    The Root and the Offspring of David
    The Lord of Glory
    The Mediator
    The Messenger of the Covenant
    The Bright Morning Star
    The Redeemer
    I AM
    YAHWEH
    JEHOVAH

• gumby
    gumby

UD,

I do not want to give my own opinion, I want to give only what the Bible states about Christ.

But you just did. You gave your opinion about what the bible says.That is fine. We all have opinions...thats how we exist. My point is UD, I recognize all the scripyures youv'e cited. I have been there with who Jesus is. I also believe the scripture support the thought very strongly that he is God.

There are those who differ as you know and there are quite a number of books that speak otherwise.

I think it would be fair to you to check out both sides of the argument, then base your decision.....as we should do in all these matters. I used to go round and round with people here on the issue and you get no where. My entire attitude about the bible has changed because it's too difficult to know what to believe and it does'nt make sense for God to have written a book to us in that fashion.

• UnDisfellowshipped
    UnDisfellowshipped

Hi Gumby,

You said:

I also believe the scripture support the thought very strongly that he is God.

There are those who differ as you know and there are quite a number of books that speak otherwise.

I think it would be fair to you to check out both sides of the argument, then base your decision.....as we should do in all these matters.

I agree. I have read some on the Internet from people who do not believe Jesus is God. Also, since I was raised as a JW, I was given quite a few Scriptures which seem to show that Jesus is not God.

We should all be Noble Beroeans and check out both sides of the issue.

I used to go round and round with people here on the issue and you get no where.

I know how you feel there.

My entire attitude about the bible has changed because it's too difficult to know what to believe and it does'nt make sense for God to have written a book to us in that fashion

Well, I thought I would post an interesting Scripture here:

John 5:39: You search the Scriptures, because you think that in them you have eternal life; and these Scriptures testify about Me.
    John 5:40: Yet you will not come to Me, that you may have life.

I think what is most important is having a personal relationship with Jesus Christ the Lord.

In July of last year, the Lord Jesus opened my eyes and caused me to see the REAL Truth about the Jehovah's Witnesses, and then He caused me to read the Scriptures which show that Jesus Christ is God, and that I should be praying to Jesus and the Father.

So, I prayed to Jesus (first time ever, and I gotta say, it was kind of scary, because I was raised as a JW, and they teach NEVER to pray to Jesus).

I told Jesus I believed in Him and His Sacrifice completely, and I asked Him to come into My heart and to forgive all my past sins. I prayed for Him to help me to understand the Scriptures, and especially to understand the Trinity better.

And, ever since then, I have been praying to Jesus my Lord and Savior everyday, and I also pray to the Father everyday.

I can't tell you how much more love I have felt for everyone since then. I also have a feeling inside of me of great love and faith towards God.

I also understand the Scriptures a lot more than ever before.

My favorite Scriptures are the ones about love and Jesus.

The Bible says TRUE LOVE is the most important thing of all, even more important than Faith.

I have been trying to read the Scriptures every day. I am extremely thankful for the AMAZING WEBSITE called http://www.E-SWORD.net

I downloaded about 19 COMPLETELY FREE Bible Translations, and 12 Bible Dictionaries (including the Strong's Index which shows what the original Hebrew and Greek words mean), and 10 Bible Commentaries.

May God Bless You, and I send my Christian Love to you Gumby!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit