Question about the fade

by The Big Machine 17 Replies latest jw friends

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Where your "publisher's record card" is located is often a factor. I've been told that a congregation that doesn't have it can't DF you even if you live there (if it matters by that point).

Personally, my family and I have moved around so much in the past ten years, that I don't have a goddamned clue where ours are.

• The Big Machine
    The Big Machine
    Thanks for all the replies! It's nice to have a community here where many of us are going through or have went through the same thing.
  • The Big Machine
    The Big Machine
    So I guess the next meeting I go to in my new cong I'll have to introduce myself to an elder (any elder or one of the service committee) and mention that they need to ask for my records?
  • Giordano
    Giordano

Welcome Big Machine!

You can reinvent yourself to a certain degree in your new congregation by planting a seed or two that you often have to travel, for business, or family business, a sick relative, something plausible with enough truth so you are comfortable mentioning it.

Once the seed is planted and you begin to miss meetings any Elder(s) you talked to will simply agree that the new brother must be away again. Eventually they will forget about you.

Without having any apostate type conversations with anyone, emails, or phone calls the new congregation will be powerless to interfere.

• 3rdgen
    3rdgen

Hubby and i successfully faded by simply moving out of the territory and never attending a meeting at the new location. The secretary couldn't request records when he didn't even know we were living in his territory.

Our records sat in our old cong for years until the CO had a fit and insisted we be accounted for. Eventually, we got a phone call from an elder in the new territory that we didn't answer. Now, 7 years later we moved back to the previous town but different territory. (for other reasons) We received one e-mail from an elder in our original cong inviting us to the memorial. Hubby replied thanking him for the invite, saying we were keeping up with all things JW, and are not in his territory/jurisdiction and DID NOT DISCLOSE our location. We haven't heard another word. When JWs come to the door we don't answer.

Most elders aren't very persistent. Stay out of sight out of mind. Avoid attracting any attention to yourselves. Don't tell them your new address.

• Londo111
    Londo111
    Be sure to attend the new hall until your records arrive. When they do, you can basically quit attending.
  • stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

i cant believe all this subterfuge to leave gods only one true religion

bwaaa haaa haaa haaa---

• The Big Machine
    The Big Machine

It's ridiculous the process you have to go through to not get shunned (hopefully). You should be able to leave freely if you want to. Where in the Bible does it say to shun a person who chooses to freely leave? It's stupid.

Just one stupid thing of many..

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit