Is it possible....

by kelsey007 21 Replies latest jw friends

• garybuss
    garybuss

Not every exit from membership in a religion begins a recovery. Witnessism is a disease. To leave the group activity and the constant reenforcement of the goals and tactics, the continual reminder of the current goal, is like trying to quit an addiction, it is escape from a hostage situation.

Emotions are laying in wait, fear, guilt, remorse, anger, loneliness, and hopelessness. Family relationships are either fractured or threatened. Finances are uncertain. Dreams and ambitions and talents have been put on hold or denied. Things rational, like education, or healthy, like modern medical treatment, have been avoided or hidden.

Gods and demons have been watching us and we even imagined some intervened in our lives. Books had power and our dress or our facial expression could loose or gain us status in the group. Everything was important and had hidden meaning. Witnessism is a disease.

gb

• Jesika
    Jesika

Since I was a JW since birth, this was who I was and my whole life and family's life revolved around it. When I was younger and in school, I wore the name of being a JW proudly and with arrogance. I felt smarter then my classmates, believeing they had NO CLUE!!!

When I became a teen, I was embarrassed by it and wanted to fit in and not stand out as being weird. When I turned 14, I hated it!!!! I wanted out soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo bad. After getting myself Df'd on purpose at the age of 15, I wore the X-JW badge proudly. It was a sense of accomplishment to get myself out.

When someone asks me what I believe then I tell them because of my upbringing as a JW, it has caused me to not want to be ANYTHING, and I feel going to meetings 3-5times a wk for 15yrs, that I have put my "time" in as far as serving god.

Just my thoughts.

Jesika

Edited by - jesika on 25 October 2002 16:26:31

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit