Update on Royal Commission

by umbertoecho 40 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• umbertoecho
    umbertoecho

This figure is just for Australia alone. That is an amazing figure considering there are about sixty four thousand witnesses in this country. Not a good look. I will keep you posted as this is important stuff.

Over hear the flash news keep crossing the TV with regard to the commission. I think a lot of JWs in the top spots must feel very uncomfortable right now

• umbertoecho
    umbertoecho

Torninto.

I agree with great sadness and anger. I don't know what to think at the moment. I was shocked all over again at the testimony of these women. They held such hope and faith, they were treated less than an animal. There is no sense of "shame" of wanting to put things right that I have heard from Jackson. He is strictly corporate and has not one ounce of decency in him. He is an anit witness if anything. He is perfectly suited to being an example of JWs lack of empathy. I want them to give him a lot of rope.........coils of the stuff

• Zoos
    Zoos
    Why, oh WHY can't something like this happen in the United States?
  • InquiryMan
    InquiryMan
    I guess that 1000 cases during a period of 65 years cannot be turned into a fact that 1,42 per cent of JWs are pedophiles...
  • Splash
    Splash

In 1950 Australia had 4,500 publishers.

I imagine that most of these abusers on file are within the last 30-40 years, so may well still be alive.

It's also likely that one abuser is responsible for more than one abuse case, so not one-to-one.

I also guess that not all cases made it to the list or were even reported to the elders.

• Mephis
    Mephis
    Imagine instead a town of 20,000 people slowly growing to over 60,000 over 65 years, and having 15 new child sex offenders reported each and every year. That would raise a lot of questions about just what the authorities in that town were up to with their safeguarding policies.
  • brinjen
    brinjen

These stats are very quickly gaining publicity. My Facebook feed is currently loaded with links to just about every mainstream newspaper in the country all discussing these very figures.

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

I'm sure Gerrit Loesch is currently in flight to Australia to help these Eldubs.

DD

• Mephis
    Mephis

Just to clarify something which seems to be confusing people, the 1006 refers to individuals against whom allegations have been made and not individual cases or the number of allegations.

From the opening address.

"During the investigation of this case study, Watchtower Australia produced some 5,000 documents pursuant to summonses issued by the Royal Commission on 4 and 28 February 2015. Those documents include 1,006 case files relating to allegations of child sexual abuse made against members of the Jehovah’s Witness Church in Australia since 1950 – each file for a different alleged perpetrator of child sexual abuse"

[Bolding mine]

And, as others have said, these are the ones which made it onto a file.

• Splash
    Splash
    Thanks for making that clear Mephis.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit