Hey Aussies! (fluff)

by DanTheMan 37 Replies latest social entertainment

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan

Is AC/DC popular in their homeland? They are very much a staple of rock radio in the U.S. I hear the song "Back in Black" at least once every 3 or 4 days.

"I Come From A Land Down Under" by Men At Work still gets air time on the light rock and 80's music stations.

I'd also like to ask British posters if Led Zep is popular over there. They get played even more than AC/DC over here.

Dan, of the just-curious-class

• Beck_Melbourne
    Beck_Melbourne

Hey Dan-man-after-my-own-heart-class

ACDC!! Yeah rock on baby!! We have most of ACDC's music...if you want a copy of anything just let me know. Most aussies from my generation love ACDC...Andy saw them when they were just a cosy little group playing in pubs...geez that was a while ago...he's older then me, so while he was rocking with ACDC I was still in school LOL.

Men at Work still rock on, even now they still play it on the radio. I grew up with them during my high school years...

"I said do ya speak-a-my-language
    He just smiled and gave me a vegemite, sandwhich" LOL

I hate vegemite but I like aussie music. Keep your eye out over there for Shakaya, they are two aussie girls, part aborigine, but they sing that hip hop stuff, so if you're into rock n roll you probably won't like them. Also another group called Shique Amore. They haven't released anything yet, but they're working on their album at the moment, they are an R & B group based here in Melbourne, and they just happen to be exjw. They are very good...but again, it depends on your taste.

Happy listening Danoh!

~Beck~

• Prisca
    Prisca

AC/DC is still played on rock stations, but it's not my style of music, so I don't know how popular it is in my part of Oz, although *certain people* (nods in Beck's direction) obviously still follow it.

Men At Work are no longer around, although "Land Down Under" was practically our national anthem in 1981 during the America's Cup (remember, we took it off America for the first time in America Cup history!) because Alan Bond played it as a motivation song for the boat Australia II.

Does anyone remember Peter Andre? He was supposed to be an exjw too.

• Beck_Melbourne
    Beck_Melbourne

Peter Andre who?? Mysterious Girl Peter Andre?? Yeah big POOF! Not that i have anything against poofs, i like poofs, and I better shuddup now.

What about Crowded House? Good Aussie Kiwi band. Oh and Bic Runga, except not many would have heard of her.

~Beck~

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

With all these great things the Kiwis have given us, d'ya think we can have our Ansett back?

Cheers, Ozzie (crying over spilt milk frequent flyer points)

• Stephanus
    Stephanus

Anyone who has frequent flyer points is too rich to whinge, IMO. LOL

ACDC is extremely popular here, and always will be, I suppose. But I ain't Francis Rossi!

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

Is it a bird? Is it a plane? No, it's "Stick Man"!!!!!!!

Cheers, Ozzie (of the nouveau riche class)

• Stephanus
    Stephanus

Almost right Ozzie: a matchstick man - you'd understand if you'd been spending a great deal of time on the other board (or were a Status Quo/Ozzie Osborne fan) - I plan to do something artsie fartsie with this image sometime soon...

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

Steph,

You haven't been spending time "over there", have you?????? I'm surprised at you.

'Fraid I don't know anything about Ozzy Osborne. Why'd he pinch my moniker?

Status Quo? That's Latin for things staying the same, ain't it?

Cheers, Ozzie (of the nouveau riche class)

• hippikon
    hippikon

Oh Year AC/DC - They owned a house in our teritory but were never there so never got to speek to them. Peter Garette from "Midnight Oil" also lived in out teritory - He was home - Told me to F..k off. Which I did. (understandable as I did nock on his door at the unearthy hour of 11am and got him out of bed - He had been jaming at the local pub all night) - Oh sh.. Wish I could meet them now as a normal human being. Can I do return visits 20 years later?

BTW Good Fluff

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit