You never appreciate your health until.....

by zenpunk 12 Replies latest social physical

• zenpunk
    zenpunk

Hi all - I know I haven't posted here in a very long time and unfortunately the reason why hasn't been good.

Life was good throughout the summer, travel, college, excitement. Until one day I was sitting in my first class airline seat (I'm a big-time frequent business flyer) on the way back from Kansas City and I noticed a lump under my arm. I went to the doctor and was told it was nothing and they took it out.

Then I started feeling sicker over the last few months, constant sore throats, etc. Doctors blamed my intense schedule, which starts at 5:15AM with a visit to boxing, weight lifting, etc. and ends at 10:00PM as I leave college for home. And, life on the road inbetween...

Then I found another lump. This one's in my throat. To quote the Doctor, "my immune system has been seriously compromised". So lots of tests are being run for Lyme, HIV, Lukemia, etc., etc., etc., And now, to make matters worse, my hair is falling out and its not from all the funky colors I dye it. So hopefully, its just the stress of a full time job and senior year at college - I really hope so. But alls I can do is wait and see what happens.

• StinkyPantz
    StinkyPantz

Wow, sounds scary, I hope everything is okay. Good luck to you!

• ugg
    ugg

(((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((( zenpunk )))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))) thinking of you!!!!

• Cassiline
    Cassiline

Zenpunk,

So sorry to hear of your troubles. I know it really sucks to have something wrong and have no idea what is going on. Hopefully the Doctors will be able to give you good news and all is due to stess or perhaps a simple infection that is affecting your glands. Perhaps you can do a little research as well on the net and see if you can find anything that matches your symptoms. A well informed patient is the best there is. Don't be afraid to ask questions and assert yourself. Take a list of questions with you that you may have found through your research on the net and ask your doctor pointed questions. If for any reason you are not happy with what s/he may say then find another doctor who you may feel more comfortable with.

Wishing you good health Zenpunk!! Hoping you get better very soon.

Take care, try to slow down a bit and listen to your body.

Hugs,

Cassi

• Double Edge
    Double Edge

Zenpunk..

Sorry to hear about your troubles...but glad to see you checing in. Except for the lumps, you sound like a friend of mine. Their's started last January. The Doctors couldn't figure out was was wrong. In July this friend lost their job (but had some savings). It was the best thing that could have happened. They finally got the rest they needed for they're failling immune system. After 3 months they're almost back to normal, now looking leisurely for a job.

Get off the fast track for a while... and cool your jets... Hope you feel better soon.

• Mulan
    Mulan

Check your email. I might be able to help.

• Imbue
    Imbue

Zenpunk, IM me on Yahoo anytime. 'You know who' ;) had something similar happen to him a few years ago. I'm wondering if there maybe a connection with regard to the both of you traveling to the same places.

Edited by - imbue on 23 October 2002 20:6:11

• zenpunk
    zenpunk

It's funny Imbue, I thought of "you know who" when the lump showed up. We do keep very similar schedules.

• QUEENIE
    QUEENIE

YEP--QUEENIE KNOWS..I AM JUST BACK FROM A 3 WEEK STAY IN A HOSPITAL WITH VENOUS LEG ULCERS.. I AM CRONICALLY ILL--I IS NOT FUN QUEENIE

• zenpunk
    zenpunk

(((((QUEENIE))))). I'm sorry about your poor health too.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit