Young girl next to me is studying! - Hi Julie :)

by unclebruce 11 Replies latest jw friends

• unclebruce
    unclebruce

Wow, i'm sitting here at the Bega library and the young girl sitting next to me saw me posting to a JW board and i am helping her understand the layout of this board. She has been 'studying' for 6 years and has a lot of questions. The local bros keep calling to encourage her meeting attendence etc... Please give the young lady a warm welcome and help her once/if she registers.

I have recomended Randy Watters 'freeminds' site too.

G'day Julie!! LOL ... unclebruce

ps: you guys gotta get out more

• unclebruce
    unclebruce

ooops she now says her name is Judith .. bloody women! lol

• queer_reality
    queer_reality

Welcome Judith! Come on in and make yourself comfortable.

• unclebruce
    unclebruce

wow this girl wants to know eeeeverything .. dinosaurs .. noah .. mind control ... the nature of god .. help! anyone here have a crash course in de-programming? OK Judith is registering. Now all you fundy vultures keep clear and let the girl breath!

unclebruce

**** the delightful Judith has now left the building! but she'll be back this time tommorrow .. now you people be real nice to the young lady or else!

Edited by - unclebruce on 23 October 2002 1:12:23

• DakotaRed
    DakotaRed

Welcome, Judith. UB, maybe you can also direct her to the Watchtower Observer. Tons and tons of information there.

Lew W

• GermanXJW
    GermanXJW

Hi Judith!

A Welcome from Germany.

• shera
    shera

Welcome Judith,

Relax and learn.When I first found out a lot of the lies and hyprocritcal issues with the WTS.I was in shock at first ,than angry.Then relieved that I left 10 yrs ago.I felt as if 1000 pounds was taken off each shoulder.

• Shakita
    Shakita

Studying for 6 years!!!!!!!!! Judith, may I ask you why you haven't become a JW yet? Six years is a long time to be studying. How many books have you been through? Have you been studying with the same person/people that whole time? You are not unique though, I do know the husband of a JW who has been studying on and off for about 10 years, maybe longer. He will never become a JW, but I guess he likes the company!

Please go to Google and type in Jehovahs Witness and do some new kind of studying. The kind that lets you hear the other side of the wonderful world of JW's. They will never tell you in your studys with them the things you will learn there. You will find out alot of terrible stories of heartache and deception. They are true. Please don't tell the people you study with first that you are going to investigate the JW religion. They will tell you not to. The reason is because they have too much to hide.

I wish you all the best and please don't take the "plunge" until you are fully informed. You will regret it the rest of your life!

Take care.

Mrs. Shakita

• waiting
    waiting

Hey Judith! (southern usa for Hi Judith!)

I had a weekly bible study with the jw's for 3 years before I got baptized. The only reason I got baptized was because they told me that they couldn't study with me anymore - it had been too long. So.........I dunked. 30 years later, I left with my husband (who was a jw his entire life - 52 yrs)

There are sooooo many good sights to learn about the jw's. A smart thing you're doing - LOOK BEFORE YOU DUNK!!!!!!! We ALL, in retrospect, wish we had done the same. Ahhhhhhhh, hindsight's 20/20.

My sister, Patio (jw for 30 yrs also) has had a ball learning about dinasaurs & evolution - a whole new world of information & learning!

waiting

• jurs
    jurs

Hi Judith,

I studied for a long time too. I wish that a site like this had been available to me when I started. Looking back I had no idea what I was getting myself into. I have 2 daughters that missed out on holidays , sports , having worldly friends and it was all for nothing. While I was a JW I felt so lonely. I never saw the "instant friendships" . Mainly, I regret going along with alot of little things that I didn't quite believe but thought its still the truth. I wish I would have trusted my instincts about how extreme and unbalanced the beliefs and people were. Finally , the fear and guilt that go hand in hand with being a JW and never being able to live up to whats expected. I went through all of this and now 10 years later I look at my bible and think how like the Pharisees the witnesses are. LOVE is not the predominant factor, rather RULES and JUDGEMENTALISM is. So often when I was a JW I heard how LOVE was the identifying factor of the true religion , now I look at it as identifying the true christian as an individual. One other point , Jesus said to come to HIM , he never said you had to go to an organization.....................Just something to think about.

jurs

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit