Resurrection Shuffle

by PopeOfEruke 13 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Pleasuredome
    Pleasuredome

great words about bonking Beck!

i always thought about it this way: if what jesus said about eating the bread and drinking the wine was just pertaining to the little flock, then why shouldnt that same rule apply to what Jesus said about those being resurected not remarrying? he said they would be like angels. those resurected in the flesh wouldnt be like angels.

just another example of the WTS making up rules and bending them to their own satisfaction.

• Pleasuredome
    Pleasuredome

great words about bonking Beck!

i always thought about it this way: if what jesus said about eating the bread and drinking the wine was just pertaining to the little flock, then why shouldnt that same rule apply to what Jesus said about those being resurected not remarrying? he said they would be like angels. those resurected in the flesh wouldnt be like angels.

just another example of the WTS making up rules and bending them to their own satisfaction.

• Tashawaa
    Tashawaa

I use to get the car group riled up over this one... always one in the group that would state "Jehovah will take care of the physical/emotional needs" - they'll be resurrected without this need.

OK - soooo, then why didn't "He" fix it so we don't get sexual desires until AFTER marriage - hmmm, would wipe out "fornication". Why would these one's be "resurrected" less than human and open up a WHOLE bunch of questions???? Since they couldn't pro-create, I assume they'll be slaves, doing the work while the rest get to "live in perfection".

Just seems to me that if Jehovah is going to create these ones without desires, he should have done it to everyone in the first place - no free will, no sin, no one "knowing" the difference.

Personally, I don't believe any of it anymore... but when I use to, I always believed that scripture only refered to the "annointed".

• link
    link

Apart from woman problems there are other things that concern me about the "new system"

When you have been around for sixty odd years there are always a couple of people that you dont want to bump into again because it could be embarrassing for one reason or another. A thousand years is a long time to have to keep a low profile!

Along the same lines, the wife wants to meet all the oldies like Noah, King David, Soloman etc and believes that the thousand years will give her the time to do it. She's having cards printed just in case. Have to give her her due though, she's met most of the Royal Family in this system so she's had a bit of practice.

See you then

link

(edited by link to try and get punctuation back)

Edited by - link on 23 October 2002 14:27:51

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit