Sniper News Coverage

by Francois 7 Replies latest jw friends

• Francois
    Francois

Don'tcha just love what passes for journalism today?

Talking Head in Studio: That was Fox News reporter Gina Mammarous from outside the steakhouse where the latest shooting took place. Now we're going to switch to Guy Smiley who will deliver another report demonstrating that none of us have the slightest idea of what's going on.

Gotta love 'em

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

Well Frank, they are kinda in a damned if you do ~ damned if you don't situation, don't you think?

• Yerusalyim
    Yerusalyim

I still think it's terrorist related somehow. I also think there's ENTIRELY too much coverage. I for one am tired of hearing from Sheriff Moose.

• QUEENIE
    QUEENIE

ME too--SNIPER stuff and terrorism some how RELATED QUEENIE

• DJ
    DJ

Francois,

Yes, it's media overkill. I don't think that it's unusual for CNN to overkill a topic. They always get stuck on one thing and can't let go. It is very unprofessional and tiresome to me. They are like whiny little kids sometimes. If they didn't get so stuck on one topic for weeks on end, they would be more useful. Look at the silentlamb thing......no mention of it because they got too stuck on the DC march. There are so many issues that go unreported because they choose to beat a dead horse. I am in a I Hate CNN mode lately, can you tell? Love Dj

• Xander
    Xander

Hmmm...and here I thought it was all related to video games....

Damn kids these days, play a few games, turn on 'god mode' and then go on a sniping spree.

• DJ
    DJ

Do you think that this sicko is thriving off of the media attention. These letters.......what th%$#$#l. He wants to threaten children?? Sounds like he is using the media to his advantage. I think they should stop feeding his sick ego 24/7. What is wrong with an update now and then? What's with this non-stop coverage. Don't you think that it just feeds into his terroristic motives?

• LovesDubs
    LovesDubs

Dontcha just love it when the media says "We're standing here outside FBI headquarters in Virginia where authorities are prepared to TRACE THE SNIPERS CALL THE MINUTE HE CALLS IN......"

What the HELL are they thinking??? Then they show the Police Chief saying "We had PROBLEMS with UNDERSTANDING YOU the FIRST TIME YOU CALLED....so PLEASE CALL AGAIN."

Now...this guy can shoot the nose hairs off a roach at 500 yards...and has evaded being caught 12 times now...do they freakin HONESTLY BELIEVE he so F-ING stupid that hes gonna pick up a PHONE on a STREET in the middle of the DAY at a busy INTERSECTION and FUCKING CALL THE FBI????

....soooooooooooooo annoying

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit