The Power of One - A Tribute to Jan Groenveld

by Prisca 15 Replies latest jw friends

• Prisca
    Prisca

This is the last email I received from Jan, she sent it yesterday.

The Power of One
    One song can spark a moment, 
    One flower can wake the dream 
    One tree can start a forest, 
    One bird can herald spring. 
    One smile begins a friendship, 
    One handclasp lifts a soul. 
    One star can guide a ship at sea, 
    One word can frame the goal. 
    One vote can change a nation, 
    One sunbeam lights a room. 
    One candle wipes out darkness, 
    One laugh will conquer gloom. 
    One step must start each journey, 
    One word must start each prayer. 
    One hope will raise our spirits, 
    One touch can show you care. 
    One voice can speak with wisdom, 
    One heart can know what's true. 
    One life can make the difference, 
    You see it's up to "You"   
    Author Unknown 

Edited by - Prisca on 22 October 2002 6:10:23

• plmkrzy
    plmkrzy

Very nice thought Prisca

Pick a flower for us and give it to her with our love and best wishes will you .....

JanG

Edited by - plmkrzy on 22 October 2002 6:27:27

• Robdar
    Robdar

This is such sad news. JanG, I hope to meet you one day in person. Farewell, my sister.

Love,

Robyn

• Guest 77
    Guest 77

Prisca, yes, I received my copy in the mail the other day. Wow, what a shock! Certainly not the type of news you want to wake up to. What a loss.

Guest 77

• Undecided
    Undecided

I very seldom read her emails, but I read this last one and appreciated the thoughts. The reason I didn't is because my wife gets so many of those forwarded messages from people she knows with some religious thoughts that I got tired of reading them.

It's sad to see people we know die like this, I know how sad it makes the family and friends feel. If there is any reward for being a good person in this life, I'm sure she will receive it.

Ken P.

• mamashel
    mamashel

I am so saddened by this. I only talked with her a few times. does anyone know if she was ill already, or how she died?

mamashel

• Jesika
    Jesika

She sent me ALOT of emails about cults, and I was not in the right state of mind to read them. I read alot of her lighter emails and found alot of laughter and comfort in them. I was hoping it was not the person I thought it was, but it is, and I am still crying over it. I didn't know her as well as some, or most, but I will miss her, and wish I would have known her better. This only goes to show, you need to get to know those who make an impact on your life---no matter what!!!!

I will miss you Jan, and I am sorry I didn't get to know you better!!!!!

Jes

• Brummie
    Brummie

From what I've read in the short time I've been here Prisca always posts a good post, this one is is no exception!

Did I miss something? The post never said that Jan G had died.. OMG hope its a misunderstanding.

Brummie

Edited to say I have just read the other thread

Edited by - Brummie on 22 October 2002 9:28:43

• waiting
    waiting

I'm just reading this info too - Jan Groenfeld died???????

Yeah, she spammed me too - and I never minded. Some emails I read, some I didn't. But I learned some stuff, laughed at some good jokes, and I was new.......she was the only one who emailed me. A friend in a cold port.

So sorry about this information. Several posters here over the years have spoken glowingly about her emails (several didn't too, btw.) She will be missed by me.

waiting

• QUEENIE
    QUEENIE

SO SAD :( !! SYMPATHIES TO HER FAMILY / QUEENIE and family

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit