letter to my brother the elder

by myself 17 Replies latest jw friends

• joannadandy
    joannadandy

Wow! What an amazing, well thought out, well written letter!! I loved it! Thank you so much for sharing it with us. I am sure more than a few people would like to cut and paste some of that because it is so true!

Now that I hear their insane reasons for shunning her, it makes me even more upset, and I am not even in your family! Hahaha! My heart goes out to your daughter for having to deal with all this. She has handled herself admirably! You must be so proud of her.

• Beck_Melbourne
    Beck_Melbourne

Karla, you go girl...high five to you!!

Well done and hang in there pal!!!

(((Karla and Katie)))

~Beck~

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

Excellent letter, but it needs more cussin'. Let your sister take a crack at it; she'll cuss plenty!

• ugg
    ugg

SHUDDER!!!!! sorry you have to go through this....very sad indeed...((((((((((((((( hugs ))))))))))))))))

• neyank
    neyank

Sorry to hear you're going thru this.

But it shows how much of a CULT JWs are.

Here you have a person being shunned.

Was she braking any of Gods laws?
    Was she running amuck? ( What does amuck mean anyway?)
    Is she evil and downright nasty?

No!

Her and your crime?

You don't want to be a JW.
    You don't want to be enslaved to a man made orginization.

When I decided to no longer be a JW, I looked and looked thru the Bible and I could not find anywhere in the scriptures where it says that if a person no longer believes in a man made orginization, you must treat them as dead.

This is just another example of the UNChristion behaviour of the JWS.

neyank

• Tinkerbell4125
    Tinkerbell4125

Myself, I'm proud of you for standing up for yourself and your daughter. I did the same thing with my family. I told my siblins about the silentlambs, emailed them the silentlambs website, other info, and they all have pretty much stayed clear of me since. I feel they think it's like some kind of disrespect to our deceased j.w. mother if they say anything negative about the org. Even the ones that don't live as a witness, or faded out or have never been baptisted don't want to have anything to do with silentlambs or say anything negative about the org. My brother Dennis *whom you know very well* told my sister that I was an apostate and that there was no truth to the accusations made by the silentlambs. He said that the elders always went to the police when abuse had taken place within the congergation I ask my sister why didn't he go to the police when my ex-husband was being abusive to me! Were the rules different back then???? Is there new light on that now!!! I have to say, I'm really surprised that my non j.w. family reacted the way they did! I felt they would want to investagate the silentlambs for themselves, instead they have pretty much cooled off all together with associating with me. So now, not only do I never hear from my *j.w.* siblins, I don't even hear from my *worldly siblins*. I never thought any of them would choose to stick their heads in the sand and look the other way, but that seems to be the case. They just don't want to deal with it. I wonder how they would react if it were their child that was being abused. Would they go along with the org. and let the WTS handle it? Would they greet the abuser at the kindom hall every Sunday with a smile on their face? Would they tell their child to keep their month shut, so the org. wouldn't get a bad name? It all makes me sick!

I don't know about you, but I had to make a stand for what I believe. I also wanted to know where all my siblins stood in this regard also. All I have to say is, I'm glad that I moved over a hundred miles away. I don't want to be around anyone that doesn't have the balls to stand up for what is RIGHT. I'm not going to keep my mouth shut or go along with whatever just so I'll have a siblin talk to me. I know I'm right. You know you're right. God knows we're right. There's nothing I'd like more than to have a big happy close nit family, but we know that's just not going to happen. We've all taken our own directions. To me, family is simple a word that has no meaning. My friends are my family. They are always there for me and treat me with love and respect, something that I don't get from siblins. I've cut the cord, so to speak, and moved on. I don't even concern myself with how or what they are doing. Why waste my time on something that doesn't even exist, ya know! It's not that I don't love my siblin's, it's just that I've moved on. We've all got our lives to live and I've moved on. I don't need nor want their approval. I know I'm a good person with a good heart and most importantly our heavenly father knows that. I have a closer relationship with him now than I ever did!

You stand your ground girl! I applaud you! I'll holler at you soon and we'll get together, k!

Love ya girl! Hang in there. It will get better, I promise!

Tink

p.s. I think that wonderful daughter of yours could use a makeover!!! Don't ya think! Tell her we must play beauty shop!!! I'll holler at ya later this week!

• Shutterbug
    Shutterbug

This is a very well written post, probably one of the best we've seen on this forum. Hopefully you will let us know if or when you should receive an answer from your brother. However, I suspect he won't answer because you did such a fine job of boxing him into a corner. Thanks so much for taking the time to post this and keep your chin up.

• myself
    myself

jjrizo- That is true, at least I feel I have had the opportunity to have my say, and I did benefit from it. I got to vent, it was therapy.

joannadandy- You are such a dear, supportive friend, you can be part of my extended family anytime.

beck- You are a terrific person. The support here has been wonderful for Katie. Thank you!!!

SixofNine- LOL part of the reason for the letter was so I wouldn't cuss , it is easier to control that from the keyboard. My intent was to keep a "christain" attitude so I wouldn't give him the upper hand, more of a backhand is really needed

ugg- (((((((ugg)))))) thank you. My biggest concern is Katie, she is so tenderhearted but she is really starting to take this well. She sees how unchristain they are being and she wants absolutely nothing to do with the borg.

neyank- you are right, believe me I wanted to use the term cult in my letter, however I know he would have deleted it for sure if I did. I did feel man made organization was appropriate LOL.

Tink- ((((((Tink))))) hey girl. I am so glad to see you up and posting. Ya feeling better? Please do give me a call when you can. I had your number stored in my mobile and when I killed my phone (one drop on the hard ground too many) I have a new mobile same phone number. Katie and I are in a much better position as far as family shunning goes. 4 out of 5 siblings in my family are out. My dad never has been a jw. I am sorry to hear about your "worldly" relatives treating you that way too. I am like you, if I have something to say, I will say it. Hang in there Tink! ......and call me.

Shutterbug- wow thank you, what a compliment. I wrote from my heart. I thought about it for a few days so I could do it with a clear head. I found out (from my dad) about 5 minutes after it was sent that he and his family are camping until this weekend, my timing never has been great.<g> If I receive a reply I will post it. When it was ready to be sent, I called Katie in so she could hit the send button, she loved that.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit