Black JW are Losing Out on Opportunities

by JT 14 Replies latest jw friends

• jurs
    jurs

What is it with JW's and cleaning jobs????? Every congregation I ever belonged to it seemed like lots of brothers and sisters had cleaning jobs!!!

As far as the points you brought out , JT , they were quite interesting. I never knew about the segregated groups. Its funny because that was something that impressed me when I was a JW was the NON predjudiceness. At meetings there would be talks about how JW's don't have the predjudice problems because Jehovah's not partial so therefore neither are we. The congregations I attended were mainly all white so I never saw anything otherwise.

This is a litlle bit off the subject but I had a neighbor who moved to Colorado from Arkansas . I went and met her and it came up that I was a Jehovah Witness. She looked surprised and said that she thought that all JW's were black. All the JW's she had ever met before were Black. So I got to explain that we came in all sizes, shapes and colors.

Anyhow JT, I enjoyed your post. It does seem like JW's are all united and of one mind in reguards of having aspirations to CLEAN!!!

jurs

• minimus
    minimus

I knew of a young black man that was offered a full scholarship because he was a star football player, one of the most gifted athletes around. He studied with Witnesses and got baptized. He became a pioneer. EVERYONE would stop this guy on the street to ask him "WHY"? He literally could have had the best the world could offer. The blessings he got were being on every circuit assembly and district convention. He became a M.S. Then he became an elder. He got married, had kids and never could hold a job.He worked for every elder cleaner in the circuit for peanuts. He got deleted as an elder and now nobody gives him any praise in the organization.He can only think about what could have been.

• LDH
    LDH

JRIZZO Sorry, I didn't mean to imply that all cleaning dudes are poor. In fact, he employs 15-20 people from the congregation at any time. I'm glad he has a stable business. My implication was that he could've done anything he wanted. Buy a franchise or something. Instead he bought a van with a steam cleaner.

Whatever floats your boat.

JT,You just won the award for "MOST SLAUGHTERED WORD" here on JWD. The word is SQUEEGEE my man. I love it!

Lisa

Serpentine! Serpentine! Class (You'd have to be a Peter Falk Fan)

Edited by - LDH on 21 October 2002 23:49:50

• crownboy
    crownboy

I guess JT could have been on the cover of Black Enterprise magazine had to listened to his old boss.

Of course, you do make valid points. There seems to be a defeatist mentality in the black community in general, but definitely more so among black JW's. I've known quite a few talented brothers myself who "put kingdom interest first" and squandered opportunites for potential success. In my congregation (black), there may be only 2 brothers with college degrees, none of the elders (though they all have good jobs), and I'm pretty sure I'm the only person in my age group that's in college. I'm certainly glad you are doing well for yourself, and stay safe, I think I heard the maniac snipper struck again this morning. BTW, what did you secularly as a JW? Are you in college to better yourself at your current job, or to change careers?

Also, as larc pointed out, blacks aren't the only ones that get screwed by the Watctower, either. I've seen tons of convention experiences with white brothers talking about giving up opportunites. Maybe if the Society had richer members, they wouldn't be scraping for finances? So silly, and sad.

• JT
    JT
    crownboy
    I guess JT could have been on the cover of Black Enterprise magazine had to listened to his old boss.

## Yea Right--smile

There seems to be a defeatist mentality in the black community in general, but definitely more so among black JW's.

## so true indeed

I'm certainly glad you are doing well for yourself, and stay safe, I think I heard the maniac snipper struck again this morning.

## this guy is wacked-

BTW, what did you secularly as a JW? Are you in college to better yourself at your current job, or to change careers?

### I manage a gov agency network and we are both back in college

JT,You just won the award for "MOST SLAUGHTERED WORD" here on JWD. The word is SQUEEGEE my man. I love it!

LDH

### you are just being BADDDDDD lisa

Minimus

He got deleted as an elder and now nobody gives him any praise in the organization.He can only think about what could have been

In wt it is always WHAT HAVE YOU DONE FOR ME LATELY

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit