How were you perceived .............. as a jw

by A Paduan 22 Replies latest jw friends

• A Paduan
    A Paduan

As a continuation of minimus' thread.

How do you think people perceived you - when you were a jw?

• Francois
    Francois

JWs perceived me as an incourageable critic who made fun of obvious JW foibles and therefore a weak JW.

I never let on that I was a JW to my "real" friends. They thought I was a hoot.

francois

• Simon
    Simon

You mean other JWs or non-JW's ?

• A Paduan
    A Paduan

How do you think you were perceived by non-jws, or a jw-critical-thinking-truth-teller?

Changed my mind - both - jws and non - two answers please.

Edited by - a paduan on 20 October 2002 15:23:59

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

To the JWs I was so totally co-dependant

They thought I was generous, kind, loving, energetic, a good example, not too sure if they thought I was spiritual though.

Many of the sisters who were ignored by some in the congregation felt that I was there for them. They would call for all kinds of non-spiritual advice - kids, clothes, cooking, etc.People knew if they wanted to know where to find a scripture I wasn't the one to ask - hubby was the religious fanatic in the house

I was told on more than one occasion that people wanted to have a marriage just like mine (insert - "I want to gag" now and then too)

Non-JWs thought I was OK. I didn't preach to them but they thought my beliefs were a tad weird.

• expatbrit
    expatbrit

It can be summed up in one question:

"Why aren't you reaching out?"

Expatbrit

• dsgal
    dsgal

I was treated as an outcast by the JWs even though I attended every meeting and went out in service regularly.I never felt welcome there.

• minimus
    minimus

hey thief!....Get your own damn questions....lol.....Every "worldly" person would say, "Wow, I didn't think the Witnesses were like that. I thought they were all extremeists." So I made a good impression for the next W itness. By those in the congregation, I was always the role model.

• nilfun
    nilfun

non-Jw perception of nilfun: Look at that outsider. What a weirdo.

JW perception of nilfun: Look at that outsider. What a weirdo

• shera
    shera

I was looked at the ..much too quite..but soft spoken and sweet.Some looked at me as being weak,because I was too quite

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit