Feild service and answering

by shera 20 Replies latest jw experiences

• KD
    KD

I was always shy and had trouble at the door. I also had trouble trying to force my religion down someones throat if they did not want to hear it. What made matters worst was that after a while I has troubles talking to others about things that I was already starting to question.

• DIAMOND
    DIAMOND

Answering was no problem. I didn't like to do it but I did. Field Service I hated. I hated waking people up and telling them something they already heard 50 times. I hated everything about it.

My wife who is still an active JW hates answering. She is very shy and after she answers she is shaking. She goes out in field service but only about once a month. Because she is so shy when she talks at the door she is shaking.

Diamond

• shera
    shera

That is real crappy to tell people God doesn't want shy people......God knows what is in our hearts and some people are limited to what they can do ,when it come to public interaction.What we are able to do and we try our best,God knows.

Alot of those social butterflies,seem to be a bit self righteous,thay really don't understand shy people.

My tounge used to feel like it got 2 inches thick...lol

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

I was never comfortable with field service , according to my "spirituality"at the time I either moderately disliked it or hated it to death , but hey,Iyou have to "Save yourself and those that listen to you" . Like many on this board I was the Study Conductor so I had to set an example..........

Once , on a cold drizzly Sunday morning I was in a dreary street, all alone, doing "Not Homes" that were still not at home. This man accosted me in the pavement saying "Havent you somethin better to do than knock up people on a Sunday?" I made a reply to him but I knew in my heart that he was right . I was only wasting my time and annoying other people.

Come to think of it ,the time we all wasted !

• benext
    benext

I liked going door-to-door. Didn't like street witnessing, too many witnesses out there trying to avoid going door-to-door. Also people would take the mags and drop them on the street. When it came to commenting, I didn't comment much. On Sundays the WT conductor would only call on me once no matter how many times I raised my hand. It was always funny when there were no hands up and he'd look at me and I'd keep my hand down. Another annoying thing the WT conductor would do is stand there and say he's looking for new hands. That only caused the few who did raise their hands to stop.

• PurpleV
    PurpleV

I hated it. I hated it. I hated it.

Especially when younger... I had flat feet and could only walk about 1/2 hr at a time. I remember crying and telling my mother how much my feet hurt and begging to stop but she wouldn't... we had to stay out at least an hour to make the "time."

My poor footsies would swell up and throb with pain the rest of the day. Even after they got me the steel arches and orthopedic shoes, it hurt even worse to walk but she made me do it anyway, and wouldn't let me take the steel arches out.

Let's not even talk about the days she dragged me out in subzero (well, it FELT that way anyway) temperatures. I'd lose all feeling in my toes and fingers even with thick socks and gloves.

And I got bit by a dog, and chased down the street, and screamed at a lot. One time we were working the projects and these little kids invited me in and there was the mother almost passed out drunk and the kids were hungry and all I did was try to talk to the mother and give her magazines.

No, I'm not bitter.

Hugs, V

• shera
    shera

Sounds like you needed a nice foot rub.....made my feet hurt just reading it.

• heathen
    heathen

I remember being pressured to answer at the meetings while only being a study and told it was a requirement .I hated it even though I only tried a couple of times it was mostly reciting the article anyway and so mundane .Definately can live without that experience.

• Pleasuredome
    Pleasuredome

i think i went out knocking on doors about 5-6 times over the 2.5 years i was a publisher. i hated it intensely. i always thought it was better to witness informaly. so thats what i did for most of that time and i was never iregular, until now. well that is i wont be putting in a report of hours.

• Pleasuredome
    Pleasuredome

and also i only ever answered once at the watchtower study in all the 5 years i had attended meetings.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit