Child Abuse - "I don't care. I haven't got any children".

by cofty 39 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• cofty
    cofty

Earlier this week I bumped into a couple of JWs who I recognised from the cult cart. A few months ago I had a long conversation with him one of them and found him to be quite friendly. He is new to the area in the years since I left.

This time he was very defensive and said he wasn't allowed to talk to me. As you can imagine I expressed my contempt of his silly rules and questioned why 7 old men in America should tell an adult who they can talk to.

I decided to take the chance to tell him about the BBC Radio 4 program and warned him that his religion is becoming notorious for not protecting it's children. I told him that millions of pounds of contribution money was being spent to compensate victims of child abuse. As he got in his car his last words left me stunned.

"I don't care, I don't have any children"

I simply replied that this told me all I need to know about him and his religion.

• LostGeneration
    LostGeneration

Heartless, yet nothing surprises me anymore when it comes to what they will spout in defense of their "faith".

The reality of considering that their religion is just a scam is too much for them to contemplate, in moments of fear they will say just about anything rather than face reality.

• Joe Grundy
    Joe Grundy

Difficult to find the words to describe this comment. Bet he felt proud of himself afterwards (not). And would feel even prouder if his non JW associates (e.g. in the workplace) heard him say it.

Seems to me that when JWs know they have nothing to say they fall back on infantile comments.

• 1Averagejoe
    1Averagejoe

Joe Grundy. Seems to me that when JWs know they have nothing to say they fall back on infantile comments.

True. The ranks are not prepared to deal with questions to their face of this nature. True cognative desonance. Their "it's not true, it's not happening comments turn out to be" I don't care. " Maybe they should start thinking of having such issues demonstrated at their service meetings. I wonder if it will be considered in the UK to talk about how to handle this issue during their field service group meetings in the following weeks?

• Bonsai
    Bonsai
    Sadly, I have to admit that there was a time when I felt this way. i knew there were abuse problems when I was still in, but I didn't know all the facts. I assumed it was always possible that people were just lying to get attention and money from the organization. I reasoned that Jehovah would sort it out in his own time and me, with no children, didn't have to worry or think about the abuse problem any further. SMH. I really didn't care until I had a daughter of my own to think about.
  • Amelia Ashton
    Amelia Ashton

This attitude is sadly not just within the JW org.

My youngest daughter was lured into a van by a paedophile who was someone we had all trusted as he visited our little gated community every week delivering water.

One of my neighbour's who also happened to be a Policewoman managed to get him barred from our section but one couple stated he hadn't hurt them so they would still be letting him in to their side of estate to deliver their water.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Did he really mean this or was it an insensitive way of defending his cult? Was it one of those things people say and then kick themselves after?

I truly hope it was this because if he truly didn't care then he is a vile monster.........just like his overlords the governing body.

I agree, such a respones DOES say all you need to know about the cult mindset over all.

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter
    My mom said "don't tell me anything about the witnesses, even if it is true" paraphrased in response to an "http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-33609927?SThisFB&fb_ref=Default" that I posted in FB.
  • brandnew
    brandnew

@amelia.......wow......people are willing to play with fire like that????

What? Until one of their kids gets raped????? Those people must not have children.......kinda like the statement that ol boy said...." i dont care...i dont have children", ....Well you know what? Once you have a child.....LIFE CHANGES! ! ! ! !its not just about you anymore. I know this from my own experience. Once my daughter was born.....daddys little girl came first. AS IT SHOULD BE ! ! !

• freemindfade
    freemindfade
    The crazy things they will say when they are at the end of their CD rope...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit