NEW LIGHT - Watchtower Quotes

by UnDisfellowshipped 15 Replies latest jw friends

• UnDisfellowshipped
    UnDisfellowshipped

I just wanted to share some Scriptures that talk about Jesus being the Only Judge of who gets Saved and who doesn't:

Revelation 20:11: Then I saw a large, white throne and the One who was sitting on it. The Earth and the Heavens fled from His Presence, and no place was found for them.
    Revelation 20:12: I saw the dead, both unimportant and important, standing in front of the throne, and Books were open. Another Book was opened - the Book of Life. The dead were judged according to their works, as recorded in the Books.
    Revelation 20:13: The sea gave up the dead that were in it, and Death and Hades gave up the dead that were in them, and all were judged according to their works.
    Revelation 20:14: Death and Hades were thrown into the Lake of Fire. (This is the Second Death - the Lake of Fire.)
    Revelation 20:15: Anyone whose name was not found written in the Book of Life was thrown into the Lake of Fire.

Genesis 18:23: Abraham approached Yahweh and asked, "Are You really going to destroy the innocent with the guilty?
    Genesis 18:24: If there are fifty innocent people in the city, will You destroy the whole city? Won't You spare it in order to save the fifty?
    Genesis 18:25: Surely You won't kill the innocent with the guilty. That's impossible! You can't do that. If You did, the innocent would be punished along with the guilty. That is impossible. The Judge of all the Earth has to act justly."
    Genesis 18:26: Yahweh answered, "If I find fifty innocent people in Sodom, I will spare the whole city for their sake."
    Genesis 18:27: Abraham spoke again: "Please forgive my boldness in continuing to speak to You, Lord. I am only a man and have no right to say anything.
    Genesis 18:28: But perhaps there will be only forty-five innocent people instead of fifty. Will You destroy the whole city because there are five too few?" Yahweh answered, "I will not destroy the city if I find forty-five innocent people."
    Genesis 18:29: Abraham spoke again: "Perhaps there will be only forty." He replied, "I will not destroy it if there are forty."
    Genesis 18:30: Abraham said, "Please don't be angry, Lord, but I must speak again. What if there are only thirty?" He said, "I will not do it if I find thirty."
    Genesis 18:31: Abraham said, "Please forgive my boldness in continuing to speak to You, Lord. Suppose that only twenty are found?" He said, "I will not destroy the city if I find twenty."
    Genesis 18:32: Abraham said, "Please don't be angry, Lord, and I will speak only once more. What if only ten are found?" He said, "I will not destroy it if there are ten."
    Genesis 18:33: After He had finished speaking with Abraham, Yahweh went away, and Abraham returned home.

John 5:22: Nor does the Father Himself judge anyone. He has given His Son the full right to judge,
    John 5:23: so that all will honor the Son in the same way as they honor the Father. Whoever does not honor the Son does not honor the Father who sent Him.
    John 5:24: "I am telling you the truth: those who hear My Words and believe in Him who sent Me have eternal life. They will not be judged, but have already passed from death to life.
    John 5:25: I am telling you the truth: the time is coming---the time has already come---when the dead will hear the voice of the Son of God, and those who hear it will come to life.
    John 5:26: Just as the Father is Himself the Source of Life, in the same way He has made His Son to be the Source of Life.
    John 5:27: And He has given the Son the right to judge, because He is the Son of Man.
    John 5:28: Do not be surprised at this; the time is coming when all the dead will hear His voice
    John 5:29: and come out of their graves: those who have done good will rise and live, and those who have done evil will rise and be condemned.
    John 5:30: "I can do nothing on My own authority; I judge only as God tells Me, so My judgment is right, because I am not trying to do what I want, but only what He who sent Me wants.

Isaiah 11:2: The Spirit of Yahweh will give Him wisdom and the knowledge and skill to rule His people. He will know Yahweh's Will and honor Him,
    Isaiah 11:3: and find pleasure in obeying Him. He will not judge by appearance or hearsay;
    Isaiah 11:4: He will judge the poor fairly and defend the rights of the helpless. At His command the people will be punished, and evil persons will die.
    Isaiah 11:5: He will rule His people with justice and integrity.

• gumby
    gumby

UD,

But, if God were to Save everyone who THOUGHT what they were doing is right, then that would mean that God would have to reward Adolf Hitler, Osama bin Laden, and Judas Iscariot with Eternal Life in Heaven, along with J.R. Brown and Ted Jaracz and all the Pedophiles

Everyone you mentioned in the above were/are.... willfull murders. They know/knew they were liars.

God will deal with these types. My thought was more along the lines of these people's followers. They have been misguided and tricked but....their hearts are in the right place.......they are doing the only thing they know is right.

Muhammed, Joseph Smith, Hitler, GB members,,,,,,had to have went against a Godgiven conscience for selfish reasons.( This is my own opinion of coarse)

You are working hard upon coming out of the Borg UD. Be careful not to "over-do" anything.

A person can get so obsessed with this stuff, you can become stranger than you were as a witness.

Edited by - Gumby on 21 October 2002 5:50:5

• UnDisfellowshipped
    UnDisfellowshipped

I agree, the people I mentioned know/knew they were/are liars.

However, they probably still somehow justify what they are doing as being somehow "right" (perhaps some of them were/are even outright Satan-Worshipers).

Here is what Jesus said about the followers of the Pharisees:

Matthew 23:14: "But woe to you, Scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! Because you shut up the Kingdom of Heaven against men; for you don't enter in yourselves, neither do you allow those who are entering in to enter.
    Matthew 23:15: Woe to you, Scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! For you travel around by sea and land to make one proselyte; and when he becomes one, you make him twice as much of a son of Gehenna as yourselves.

Also, here are another couple of Scriptures:

2nd Corinthians 11:3: However, I am afraid that just as the Serpent deceived Eve by its tricks, so your minds may somehow be lured away from sincere and pure devotion to Christ.
    2nd Corinthians 11:4: For if someone comes along and preaches another Jesus than the One we preached, or should you receive a different spirit from the One you received or a different gospel from the one you accepted, you are all too willing to listen.

Galatians 1:6: I am astonished that you are so quickly deserting the One who called you by the Grace of Christ to follow a different gospel,
    Galatians 1:7: which is not really another one. To be sure, there are certain people who are troubling you and want to distort the Gospel about Christ.
    Galatians 1:8: But even if we or an angel from Heaven should proclaim to you a gospel contrary to what we proclaimed to you, let that person be condemned!
    Galatians 1:9: What we have told you in the past I am now telling you again: If anyone proclaims to you a gospel contrary to what you received, let that person be condemned!
    Galatians 1:10: Am I now trying to win the approval of people or of God? Or am I trying to please people? If I were still trying to please people, I would not be Christ's servant.
    Galatians 1:11: For I want you to know, brothers, that the Gospel that was proclaimed by me is not of human origin.
    Galatians 1:12: For I did not receive it from a man, nor was I taught it, but I received it through a Revelation of Jesus Christ.

So, it is obviously a very serious matter whether or not someone rejects the Gospel of Salvation and the True Jesus Christ.

Also, people are NOT Saved by ANY good works that they themselves do (except believing in Jesus Christ and His Father):

John 6:28: Then they said to Him, "What must we do to perform the works of God?"
    John 6:29: Jesus answered them, "This is the work of God: to believe in the One whom He has sent."

Romans 11:6: But if this is by grace, then it is no longer on the basis of works. Otherwise, grace would no longer be grace.

Ephesians 2:8: For by such grace you have been saved through faith. This does not come from you; it is the gift of God
    Ephesians 2:9: and not the result of works, lest anyone boast.
    Ephesians 2:10: For we are His masterpiece, created in Christ Jesus for good works that God prepared long ago to be our way of life.

2nd Timothy 1:9: He saved us and called us with a Holy Calling, not according to our own works but according to His own purpose and the grace that was given to us in Christ Jesus before time began.

Titus 3:4: But when the kindness of God our Savior and His love toward mankind appeared,
    Titus 3:5: not by works of righteousness, which we did ourselves, but according to His mercy, He saved us, through the washing of regeneration and renewing by the Holy Spirit,
    Titus 3:6: which he poured out on us richly, through Jesus Christ our Savior;
    Titus 3:7: that, being justified by His grace, we might be made heirs according to the hope of eternal life.

Galatians 2:16: yet we know that a person is not justified by the works of the Law but by the faithfulness of Jesus Christ. We, too, have believed in Christ Jesus so that we might be justified by the faith of Christ and not by the works of the Law, for no human being will be justified by the works of the Law.

Galatians 2:21: I do not set aside the grace of God, for if righteousness comes through the Law, then Christ died for nothing.

Edited by - UnDisfellowshipped on 22 October 2002 4:14:4

• UnDisfellowshipped
    UnDisfellowshipped

Gumby said:

Everyone you mentioned in the above were/are.... willfull murders. They know/knew they were liars.

God will deal with these types. My thought was more along the lines of these people's followers. They have been misguided and tricked but....their hearts are in the right place.......they are doing the only thing they know is right.

Okay, what about the Nazi followers of Hitler? Can they just use the excuse that they were "Following Orders" and they "thought they were doing what was right"?

What about Elders who follow the Governing Body's Orders and enforce the Pedophile Policy because they believe that the Governing Body is speaking for God?

What about the Rank-And-File JW who is teaching lies about God and Jesus and bringing more people into the Watchtower Organization, because they believe that the Governing Body is teaching the Truth?

Can they all just use the excuse "I thought what I was doing was right"?

Edited by - UnDisfellowshipped on 22 October 2002 4:29:20

• gumby
    gumby

What about Elders who follow the Governing Body's Orders and enforce the Pedophile Policy because they believe that the Governing Body is speaking for God?

What about the Rank-And-File JW who is teaching lies about God and Jesus and bringing more people into the Watchtower Organization, because they believe that the Governing Body is teaching the Truth?

As I said,

There is a difference between those who KNOW they are teaching or following a lie.....and those that UPHOLD such thing they really think are right. The same goes for you UD. Suppose God were to bring your chart up. Would he find you believe EVERYTHING correctly. Suppose you had something wrong....would you want him to kill you for that?

I am not excusing wrongdoing. I am saying a loving God would not punish someone who would die for what they THOUGHT was right.How could a person be more loyal?

• UnDisfellowshipped

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit