BURNING AMBITION by Jehovah's Witness YOUTH: "I want to clean toilets in Bethel for the rest of my life."

by TerryWalstrom 24 Replies latest jw experiences

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Let it be recognized the earliest cults indoctrinate young ones, the better chance of controlling them when they grow into mature adults.

That subconscious adherence and fear of the stories he told in how wise and fruitful he is gets deeply planted into children's psychological make up.

.......and they know that unfortunately.

• Bonsai
    Bonsai
    Great topic Terry! I was one of those who wanted nothing more in life than to serve in a lowly position at Bethel. This thread inspired me to write my own life story. Thankfully, I never went to Bethel.
  • The Marvster
    The Marvster

@ antes8080, thank you for the reassurance... it's good to know others have been through this are creating life for themselves

it feels a bit odd trying to go after something I will enjoy and be interested in, without having to be covert about it, in case it is frowned upon, or having to pull out the Index or Wtlib before making a decision...ugh!

I had a little practice immediately after leaving the org, 'took a short course on indoor rock climbing' among other things..and took part in a national Rubic cube speed solving competition, and went to watch several London events at the Olympics Games which were held here in the UK in 2012... the freedom was overwhelming... ... time to get back on the horse... get educated and learn to enjoy life

The Marvster

• TerryWalstrom
    TerryWalstrom
    The Marvster, THANK YOU for your wonderful post.
    I'm passing it on to my young JW friend. It was what I'd call: a cautionary tale by a human being who has
    walked the walk,
    I appreciate your sharing this.
  • Vidiot
    Vidiot

Finkelstein - "The Watchtower's lying deceptions are so large that some people cant even perceive it..."

That's... a really profound statement.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit