Why do they ask us to stand up?

by ozziepost 12 Replies latest jw friends

• Francois
    Francois

If those songs are the equivalent of prayer, you'd at least expect them to be honest. You can plagarize music as you can plagarize words and, to give one example, one of the "songs" is a direct rip-off of Beethoven's Ninth Symphony, third movement. A little attribution would be the first thing in the mind of an honorable outfit. Not here.

• Thirdson
    Thirdson

I think the question has been answered as why standing for singing is appropriate in most settings. What I find different about other services compared to Kingdom Hall meetings is the quiet and contemplative environment of a church before services begin. People are already seated (or kneeling) before standing to sing. Kingdom Halls before a meeting (except Memorial night) are hardly reverent places and most meetings are devoid of any worship except the before and after prayer and a 3 poorly worded songs. The only rituals are Memorial night and the only liturgy is wedding vows.

Thirdson

'To avoid criticism, say nothing, do nothing, be nothing'

• mommy
    mommy

Ozzie,
    It is quite funny isn't it?
    Moxy,
    ROFLOL that was great! I remember the ones that had just sat down, then jump right up for the announcements. I asked my dad once why he stood up for them. He said it is a long time before they are going to let us stand up again Look forward to more of your "moxy"
    wendy

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit