ADVICE NEEDED

by hamptonite21 15 Replies latest jw friends

• hamptonite21
    hamptonite21

A friend of mine called me today to tell me that the elders want to meet with her regarding something that happen in Feb. She was seen smoking at a bar by two other witnesses. She was privately reproved about a year ago for some "misconduct with a guy". But since then hasnt gone to the meeting. It seems the elders here in NY are cracking down. They have reorganized 4 congs into 3 because of promblems and low meeting attendence. She said the elder told her mother if she didnt call him back they would form a judical commitee without her. Do you think this is a threat, What advise from you ex elders or anybody? She doesnt want to get df'd because of family. I told her I would throw it out to the board for advice!

Edited by - hamptonite21 on 18 October 2002 16:55:54

• joannadandy
    joannadandy

I think she is going to have to face the music on this one...

They will form a judicial committee with our without her. The only she can do is go and pretend to be sorry if she doesn't want to be DF'd.

• hamptonite21
    hamptonite21

thats what Im thinking jo

• roybatty
    roybatty

If you don't want to be Df'd, you'd better meet with them. Forget about keeping your pride. Cry a lot and promise to go to the meetings.

Then again, if she wants to break the chains and be honest with herself, tell them to mind their onw business.

• A Paduan
    A Paduan

Maybe she could "show repentance", get off, and go back to the bar - see how many times she can do it. lol

• metatron
    metatron

They will df her if she doesn't show up.

Show up and cry a lot. Tell 'em you've given up smoking ( you better do so,
    at least for a while)

Overall, this is good news in the battle to break the cult's power.

They are laboring under the foolish assumption that they can just disfellowship
    their problems away and return to collective health, as a blessed, cleansed
    people.

It ain't gonna happen. The organization's coercive power is declining.
    Kids are leaving. Meeting attendance and contributions dropping.
    Corruption is endemic.

And consider, that this is right in Bethel's backyard. If they can't
    hold on here, where can they?

metatron

• mann377
    mann377

Meet with them and tell the elders how sorry you are and ask forgivness, then as you leave just ask if anybody has a light.

• RevMalk
    RevMalk

Tell her to cry really hard, and act really sorry or else tell them to "F-Off".

A knaves religion is always the rottenest thing about him." John Ruskin, 19th-century British critic and author

• gold_morning
    gold_morning

Hi Hamptonite,

I am curious, what part of New York State? Or are you from New York City? I live in upstate New York.

gold morning

• PurpleV
    PurpleV
    Meet with them and tell the elders how sorry you are and ask forgivness, then as you leave just ask if anybody has a light.

LOL@mann!

I got busted for smoking once too. Tears and "I'll never do it again" worked like a charm. That was when I had family I was *scared* of, e.g. MOTHER=GOD. Now? I'd tell them to piss off, but that's easy for ME to say now, I have no family left.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit