elders paranoid about baby shower

by jurs 22 Replies latest jw friends

• plmkrzy
    plmkrzy

WoW that is so bazaar. I'll have to ask when I go back east if they do that there. However in most of the congergations I attended in S.Cal, every year a list was made available to everyone in the congergation of phone numbers. It was up to each individule if they wanted to be excluded. But we had a photo album that we kept all the names and phone numbers in. It was simular to having your childs phone number excluded from the school directory.

Instead of copying names and numbers into our regular phone book all we needed to do was just insert the sheet into a photo album. We had a sheet for 3 different congs. That was about 250 names and phone numbers.

Besides if "authorities" wanted to find out who were JWs, all they would need to do is go stake out a KH.

• Pork Chop
    Pork Chop

You guys must come from really strange congregations. Every one that I've been in people gave out invitations, etc. at the hall an no one said a thing. Likewise with the passing items back and forth. Someone starts to get on your case about something like that, just tell them to take a hike. especially elder's wives.

• seawolf
    seawolf

At my hall there was a list made about ~10 years ago of everyone in the hall, members of their families, and address/telephone number.

I can see that Jehovah's spirit is consistent as usual.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit