Bible Students Convention ......New Understanding of 607!!

by umbertoecho 24 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• umbertoecho
    umbertoecho

I have just read this from Berean Pickets in the comment section. It's quite a leap. What do you think of this.....I find it quite amazing how this new twist to make "it fit" has been approached. By the way. Berean Pickets is quite a good site for information related to doctrine. Not harsh, good research etc.........The posters name is there I think. At any rate, he felt strongly enough to send the message straight through.........

"I am at the Bible Students Convention in PA. There was just a discourse on how the date for the beginning of the invasion of Jerusalem is 607BC. The destruction of Jerusalem is in 587BC. So 2,520 days from 607BC is 1914. So the date is correct it’s just that the understanding of what happened in 607BC is incorrect."

• Londo111
    Londo111

What 'proof' do they present?

Nebuchadnezzar took over the area in 605 BC…

• umbertoecho
    umbertoecho

I have no idea. I would like to know what "proof" they have come up with. What I find interesting, is the fact that they feel compelled in some way, to explain this long faulted doctrine. It seems like a back sliding or just loading up some sort of banal reasoning to justify this strange and inaccurate teaching of theirs.

WT has noticed the dissent, it must be obvious to them, even from a cursory view of the internet. I think it's a rather desperate attempt to qualify a long disqualified claim. As we all know, 1914 is absolutely important to them, for everything hinges on making this fit in with their version of the "truth", or the imminence of the end....

• umbertoecho
    umbertoecho

Berean Pickets is not affiliated with WTBTS at all. It is a site created by some who have disagreed with the inaccurate doctrines of the WT. Some are elders who have stood down due to the persistent refusal of WT to correct it's deceptions and the GBs almost godlike status, amongst other things......

• FayeDunaway
    FayeDunaway
    Do they have their own conventions? 'Bible students convention'...Are they sort of like Russelites?
  • DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Thank you for the news! I can't wait until the JWs adopt this new understanding, just like they adopted "false religions" view of the domestics and the "evil slave" being hypothetical!

DD

• Doctor Who
  • Crazyguy
    Crazyguy
    Just more proof that God's not backing them, because the borg has to make more changes and excuses.
  • HowTheBibleWasCreated
    HowTheBibleWasCreated
    Inaccurate. 607 was the middle of Jehoakim's reign. Necho II was dominating them. Babylon had not yet invaded.
  • zeb
    zeb
    Read. "The Gentile Times Revisited"

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit