Motema Bolingo

You find this very long and detailed report on

http://www.state.gov/g/drl/rls/irf/2002/

To summarize in four words :

ALL CULTS ARE WELCOME !

Jacques

• kenpodragon
    kenpodragon

That is always the Catch 22 to the term "religious freedom", in that it allows the normal to walk in through the front door. While it does not put any locks on the back door either. As much as it sounds frustrating. I hope the government does not take away the right to "freedom of religion."

My thought

Dragon

• Celia
    Celia

Yes, but, the various governments should be aware of and research the "religions" that present dangers for its members, the "religions" that lie or present only half truths to the public and the government... I hope they do.

• kenpodragon
    kenpodragon

Right now I think a lot of focus is switching to religion, in the wake of the Muslim movement into terrorism and attacks on our country.

Take Care

Dragon

• Motema Bolingo
    Motema Bolingo

I was especially interested by the reports given for Belgium, France and Germany.

Belgium and France are strongly criticized because they investigate on Jehovah's Witnesses and Scientology activities.

The Office created by the Belgian authorities two years ago (CIAOSN - Centre d'Information et d'Avis sur les Organisations Sectaires Nuisibles - Center of Information and Advice concerning Harmful Sectarian Organizations) is strictly controled by the US Governement through its Ambassy in Belgium. More than controlled, I should say that the CIAOSN is gagged by the US Ambassy !

Jacques

• Celia
    Celia

Belgium and France are strongly criticized because they investigate on Jehovah's Witnesses and Scientology activities.

Well, good for them ! Why shouldn't they ?

If members or former members come forward and have complaints or know things that the public is not aware of, the governments certainly should investigate!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit