Colorado

by kheli 12 Replies latest jw experiences

• kheli
    kheli

Hello....Anyone here from Aurora? Denver? I'm in Westminster now.

• DocBob
    DocBob

Do you know the Stone family? Andre' and her daughters Sydney and Shana?

• yumbby
    yumbby

I will be moving back to Colorado as soon as humanly possible, I was living in Aurora and hope to move into the capital hill area in downtown Denver.

• jurs
    jurs

Hi,

I live in Parker! I use to live in Brighton and Longmont. My last hall was the Franktown congregation. I don't know anyone in Westminister. Do you know any families from these congregations?

Do you know the Mullins? Jerry and Mia. They had 2 daughters, Stormy and Ashley. They lived in Aurora.

jurs

• kheli
    kheli

Yes! DocBob, I do know the Stones. Both her daughters moved to my former congregation (Delmar). The oldest daughter is married with a little girl. Her husband was an usher at my wedding in '97.

It's a small world indeed.

Jurs,

I don't know the Mullins or anyone from Franktown. But I had a friend who was "networking" throughout the state. I'm certain that she know someone from that congregation. Her name was Nevelyn. Anyway, it's nice to see people from the same area!

Hi Yumbby! What congregation did you go to in Aurora?

• yumbby
    yumbby

Hey, I only went a couple of times, because like I said I moved into the area, then heard that incredible talk about how men and women could never be platonic friends without having sex. sheesh, anyway I went to the kingdom hall off of Havanna Street.... I'm trying to remember the name of it.... It was two story and had a little cottage or something for the CO. Does that sound familiar?? People seemed okay, but by that time I was so bummed on the "troof". Anyway, I live, ;breathe and eat for the day I can return to Colorado. Did you ever go somewhere and think I've finally found where I belong! I've always felt so out of place in Louisiana and Arkansas, never felt like home. I moved to Colorado, bam! I made great friends, got a great job, loved everything about it. After 9/11 I lost my job, had a nervous breakdown from all the accumulated crap in my life and my husband moved me back down here to Arkansas to live deep in the woods in a cabin. Well... now I'm ready to go back, and he said okay, hopefully ;before the year is up. If you ever want to talk, e-mail me! I'd love to hear from you!
  • Country Girl
    Country Girl

I was born in Aurora and went to the little Kingdom Hall over on Chester Street, off of Colfax. That was back in 1965. I am told they still use that KH? We moved to Castle Rock in 1973, then back to aurora in 1976. I was in the Del Mar congregation... most of the time til we went to Greenwood Village back in 73.

Country Girl

• sf
    sf

DocBob!! Well, when did you crawl out from under that 'rock' bud? I saw your name and almost fell over.
    How have ya been? Let's chat it up soon in yahoo. Maybe Sunday. Take good care....
    sKally

• AlanF
    AlanF

I'm in Fort Collins.

AlanF

• yumbby
    yumbby

Delmar! that was the congregations name that I was trying to think of! No real experiences, I only went a couple of times at the very end of my decison to leave.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit