How to embed audio in a post?

by Bendrr 11 Replies latest jw friends

• Bendrr
    Bendrr

Not too long ago someone posted a thread here and it had sound. I didn't have to click on a link, the sound just played automatically when the post came up. How does one go about doing that?

Mike.

• Celia
    Celia

That's what I'd like to know too !

• WildHorses
    WildHorses

bendrr,

Valis is the one who could tell you how.

• Jesus Christ
    Jesus Christ

Please, please, please, don't start putting audio into a post. Many people (self included) listen to music on their PC's when surfing the web. Going to a website, enduring a longer download of a page, then having sounds that you won't like mixing in with the music you actually want to hear and making both unlistenable is pure hell. Unless you're running a site for a musician or band I have yet to see one single site that is enhanced by adding music to it. If you absolutely must include audio into your site make it start only if and when the user wants it to.

• funkyderek
    funkyderek

Don't embed anything in your posts. Just post links. It's quicker, easier and less annoying. Those who don't want to hear your funny song or be inundated with pop-up ads will have the choice, and those with slow connections will be able to use this site comfortably.

• Englishman
    Englishman

Quite right too.

Just put this one on another site.....http://www.ironworks.com/comedy/python/spam.wav

Englishman.

• JanH
    JanH

I already know how to embed sounds here. What I'd really like to know is how to beat senseless anyone who actually embeds sound in their postings.

- Jan

Blogging at Secular Blasphemy
  • Angharad
    Angharad

Also it could cause a problem for people who look at the site from work.

• TR
    TR

Yes, indeed. Post links, don't imbed sound.

TR

• butalbee
    butalbee

test.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit