Need help finding a book

by wannabook 13 Replies latest jw friends

• wannabook
    wannabook

Hi. I'm looking for a book, I can't remember what it's called, but I have the old one called "Aid to Bible Understanding" (a big, blue, hardcover book). I think the current one is a set of two books, dark brown or black if I remember right. Does anyone know where I can get one?

I had studied with JW's for a time but I just don't believe in the org. They said they ordered the book for me, but then came up with all kinds of reasons for it never getting there. I would really like to have that book if anyone has one they don't use anymore, or if they know where I can get it.

Please let me know, thanks.

wannabook

• blondie
    blondie

Check www.alibris.com or any used book website. Trry ebay.com or amazon.com under used book. I checked alibris.com and they currently list one for $16.45

• Nanoprobe
    Nanoprobe

It's a green two volume set called, "Insight on the Scriptures."

• outnfree
    outnfree

Hi, wannabook!

The two volume reference work you are referring to is called "Insight on the Scriptures." Sorry that I only have 1 copy and I'm keeping it. It is rare for non-JWs to obtain such books, hence the likely reason you got the run around. I think blondie's suggestion of searching on the web is a good idea.

outnfree

• wannabook
    wannabook

Insight on the Scriptures, that's it. Thank you very much. Now that I know the name, perhaps I will be able to find it. You know, I stuck around at the KH a lot longer than I wanted to just to get that book set. Sharing with others is their #2 goal. Making them a Witness is #1. I think that is backwards. Well, despite what they teach, I am still learning years later, without their "divine guidance".

Thanks again!

• Dutchie
    Dutchie

Hi Wannabook,

Welcome to the forum.

I just checked on Ebay and someone is selling the Insight books for just $9.99. Looks like a good deal to me.

• DJ
    DJ

Hi Wannabook,

Are you interested in selling your copy of "Aid to Bible Understanding"? I'm looking for that!

Thanks, Dj

• Satanus
    Satanus

Another way to get the insight books, is to get the wt cdrom. 'Course, it's not the same as having an actual paper book, but you could try to get a cdrom from them. Failing that, there are some here who have them stored on the net on ftp sites.

SS

• Francois
    Francois

You might also try half.com which is a place where folks sell their used books.

Also, there's "A Cappella" bookstore in Atlanta who sells used and rare books.

Hope this helps.

francois

• borgfree
    borgfree

Hi Wannabook,

If you are close to Pennsylvania, you could come to the convention this weekend. Wilbur Lingle has some old WT books for sale. I got the WT - CDs from him for $15.00.

Borgfree

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit