Brotherhood of the Wolf

by expatbrit 11 Replies latest jw friends

• expatbrit
    expatbrit

Saw Brotherhood of the Wolf today. Holy smokes!

It's a French movie set in the 18th century. A martial arts - thriller - horror - historical combination. I thought it was a great movie, with wonderful cinematography. The video rental is dubbed, not subtitled.

Not only that, but it stars Monica Bellucci. How can one woman contain so much beauty?

Anyone else see this?

Expatbrit

• Perry
    Perry

Saw it and loved the photography and scenery too. The plot kinda sucked though. Bellucci made it easy not to notice too much though :-)

• paulie34
    paulie34

Saw it when it first came out. Spectacular on the big screen. The story

is based in truth.....................................

• nilfun
    nilfun

You're right, she's beautiful.

• roybatty
    roybatty

Great movie. Makes me wish I would have paid attention in French class. What a beautiful language.

• Robdar
    Robdar

I think this has to be the worst movie I have ever seen in my life. The scenery was beautiful though. I rented this video because you all recommended it.

You owe me $3.99, American.

Love,

Robyn

Edited by - robdar on 14 October 2002 1:45:51

• expatbrit
    expatbrit

Robyn:

How about [*CHICK FLICK ALERT*] Kate And Leopold [/*CHICK FLICK ALERT*] in that case?

Expatbrit

• MegaDude
    MegaDude

Rob,

you should have watched Godfather III instead.

"Everytime I try to get out, they pull me back in."

• Robdar
    Robdar

Expat,

LOL...Thanks for the chick flick alert warning! God, I hate chick flicks. Sleepless in Seattle made me wanna hurl.

Mega,

Took your advice and watched Godfather III. What a great movie. I don't know why I waited so long to see the Godfather movies.

Love,

Robyn

• donkey
    donkey

I just finished watching the movie....I honestly thought it was a great movie.

The truths about the mechanisms religion uses to create fear in people and the way it uses populism to control politics is so well depicted in the sub-plots of the movie. The societal inluences of the church stand condemned.

One can only hope the religions of the world reach the same fate as the "brotherhood of the wolf" did. The discovery of the real truth through science will end the grip of fear.

Jack

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit