Best wishes to all...

by kelsey007 29 Replies latest jw friends

• kelsey007
    kelsey007

Clearly there is a lot of hate still lingering among many exjw's. My coming to these boards about a year ago was an intersting and a growing experience. I have learned a lot and it has helped me to feel even better about my decision to leave the WT. I do remain baffled as to why some do indeed seem intent to destroy- the WT and others. I have stated that I support the aid of abuse victims and the criticisms I have given were in support of laws being changed and positive being done in this cause.

As I have stated in other posts- maybe I do see things different than many. My dad would say over and over "Two wrongs do not make a right". Is the WT wrong? In my opinion. I will not be going back. Are most religions wrong? Again, in my opinion. However, after all the anguish most endured in the WT I am not interested in following that program. It has never been my intent to deliver anguish to the WT or any others.

I am no longer a JW in great part due to my inability not to speak my mind against what I felt was wrong.

As for me I choose to move on beyond the WT experience. I do not want it to control my life or consume me any further. Many here still seem consumed by the WT. Child abuse is child abuse- whether in the WT or in the Catholic church. From what I have learned many churches have chosen different ways to cover up this sort of activity.

Due to the false allegations lodged against myself and a later admission by the party that lodged the allegations the fact has been stated that the falsehoods came from Mr Bowen.

As others have suggested here such conduct only strengthens what the WT promotes about ex jw's and apostates.

The allegations have gotton so rediculess that continually defending oneself against them only lowers oneself to standards and qualities that I stand against.

As another poster commented "truth will stand on it's on merits". One would hope that silent lambs will expend their energies going farward in accomplishing thier stated goals. The efforts of discrediting others again only takes away from thier credibility and hurts the victims cause. Posting negative comments about Ray Franz- who is well known- or against myself- who few know- only serves to reinforce what I already believed to be the true motivation of Mr Bowen. For the sake of the abuse victims that he claims to have compassion for I hope that such personal attacks stop. I personally have nothing to loose or gain in continuing to post here. The abuse victims have much at stake and will be affected by the conduct of silent lambs and silent lambs supporters.

For the record: I am not a JW- have not been to a KH meeting in over a decade.

My son suffered bacterial menegitis and both of his feet were amputated from the ankle down earlier this year at Baptist Hospital in Pensacola, FL. He is awaiting new feet as I type. He almost died and has endured many painful operations since.

For anyone, including Mr Bowen, to infer that such a thing is not traumatic or did not happen is an act of pure evil. When a parent stands in the face of seeing his child laying in a hospital bed near death with purple and black spots all over his body, a ventalator down his throat and a doctor telling you to make funeral arrangements- I cannot express the horror of this event. Though Jon has survived the loss of his feet has been equally horrifying. I have laid in my bed night after night imaganing my own feet being gone. I am proud of the way Jon has dealt with this and kept his positive outlook on life. I am baffled how anyone could belittle such an event- especially those that claim they care so much about others that they start organizations to help abuse victims and support such organizations.

Best wishes to all of you and I hope that your hate for the WT no longer consumes you at some point. Wind is right- why would I want to stay in such an arena where a personal trauma is dealt with as mine has here.

Shame on you Mr Bowen. Shame on you.

• larc
    larc

Kelsey, I am so sorry for what you and your son had to endure. Sometimes, folks forget that there are real live people, with very significant problems that exist behind the words on the computer screen. I hope that a spirit of kindness returns to this community. It has been such in the past, and I hope that spirit returns. This should be a place for healing, not hurting.

• LuckyLucy
    LuckyLucy

I'm confused...would you tell me what Mr.Bowen said?

• pettygrudger
    pettygrudger

Kelsey - perhaps you have nothing to gain or lose by your posts here, but others I'm sure have gained much. Open minded individuals that have read your slants on issues have learned, even if they don't necessarily agree w/you.

I pray your son comes to a full & speedy recovery. Bacterial menengitis took the life of my cousin. This period of recovery sounds as if it has been difficult, and I'm sorry you found no comfort here. Jon sounds like a brave soul w/much spirit - it is people like these that we learn the best values in life from.

I hope you pop in from time to time - I for one found your posts interesting, heartfelt, warm & sincere for the most part (except in the heat of battle).

And as Larc said, its hard to remember sometimes the face behind the writings on a DB.....but there were alot of people here I think (even if they didn't post alot) who care about you & your family.

Good luck ((((Kelsey))))

• Dutchie
    Dutchie

Actually Kelsey, that is not quite what AlanF said: He actually said the following:

Kelsey worked with the elders in Bill Bowen's congregation to Bill's disadvantage

Is the statement above true?

I don't want to quote out of context, so here is AlnF's complete post:

I'm not going to say much more about this, except the following:

My information comes from a source I consider unimpeachable.

Kelsey worked with the elders in Bill Bowen's congregation to Bill's disadvantage.

It would only serve the purposes of this person, who is apparently working as a double agent of sorts, for me to say more.

People can believe me or not -- it's your lookout.

Edited by - Dutchie on 12 October 2002 11:58:26

• kelsey007
    kelsey007

Dutchie- this is the last I will respond to these allegations. No. I do not know any elders or JW's at all in KY for that matter except for Mr Bowen.

Secondly- whether these allegations were in any way true or not the way this attack was orchastrated demonstrates something totally opposite from compassion and caring for those who have been abused by the WT. Mr Bowen demonstrated a total indiference to what I and my son were enduring at the time that he sought my support for silent lambs. Indeed, I felt at that point, as my son lay in the hospital, that Mr Bowen was accusing me of being full of crap in regards to my son. That to me is a shame- coming from a man who claims to have compassion for others. His agenda was so important to him that he felt that I should shrug off the trauma my family was enduring to support his cause. To hell with your son- to hell with your mom- Mr Bowens mission is more important. Sorry but I could not shrug off what my son was going through. Though my heart goes out to abuse victims of all sorts I must let my heart first go out to my own child- that dutchie is the issue. Throwing out numerous allegations in an effort ot take away from the negatives done by others is a political move as old as politics. They seek to cloud the issues facing them.

It has already been proven that the allegations from this party posting here- whom I do not know and have never conversed with- are false. When the allegation of me being a JW in good standing was proven to be a lie the allegations shifted to one of greater sensationalism. Did this party come back and apologize to me or to the board for posting false information? Not that I have seen. The response was to ignore the falseness of his report and start allegations anew. You be the judge of what you care to believe. I certainly have better things to do with my time than to sit here responding to such silliness when indeed the person is already proven to be a liar. You are free to review the thread for yourself and seen that the person stated that kelsey was a JW in good standing. You are free to see that this was a lie. I do not feel the need to defend myself against a proven liar.

• Windchaser
    Windchaser

Dear Kelsey, I am glad for this past week. I was able to completely overcome the anger I felt toward you. I still care about you and I wish you the best.

For over a year I have been posting on exjw boards. I've met some very wonderful people. I have also been attacked and lied about and hurt so much worse than any time during 30 years as a jw. When AlanF made that cavalier remark about Jonathon, I thought, o my god, if someone had said something like that to me regarding my son's leukemia, I don't think I could have endured it. I found it to be extremely painful even though it was directed at you. But, I have been falsely accused, lied about and subtly harrassed continually by a certain poster, so I feel I can empathize with you on all counts. I can't tell you how much I am hurting at this moment thinking of the bad things that have caused me pain over the past year.

You said in another thread that you can walk away and still have a life. That has been my goal since all the madness started. There are so many good things about coming to these sites, so many genuinely kind and caring people, but there are also people who seem to live for the attack. I have stayed because I haven't given up on the human race yet. But, I find myself wondering, why do I want to subject myself to so much mistrust and evil?

Anyhow, just wanted to let you know that, although we've been at it at times, I am glad to have met you and wish you the very best that life can offer you. My love to Jonathon.

• kelsey007
    kelsey007

Wind thank you....E-amil me if you can. I am leaving this insanity but would like to maintain the friendship.

• DannyBear
    DannyBear

Kelsey,

I confronted Alan on his evidence, to date there has not been a reply. Iam not going to call him or discuss it further. If you make a public accusation, you better be prepared to prove it in public.

Iam ashamed to be associated with individuals with such cold hearts. Grits accused me of displaying sucn. I think she and other supporter's of proven liars, should be the ones assuming the bent knee.

I just don't know what to say about the merciless heart stab Alan delivered to you. I have no words to describe my anger over this. Even if you were an active jw, (I seem to remember when BB was very proud of his 'good standing' just a few months ago), there just was no reason to be so cruel.

May you find some peace.

Danny

• Windchaser
    Windchaser

((((((((Danny)))))))

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit