Anyone Read The Rise and Fall of the THIRD RIECH?

by Searchin50 14 Replies latest jw friends

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan

I've heard that ___ Speers memoirs is a good read (don't know his first name) - anybody read this book? I think he was an architect in the Nazi movement who was one of Hitler's cronies

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan

...I tried to read HITLER by Joachim Fest a few years ago. It was so ponderous and full of dictionary words, I was only able to make it about half-way through it.

• Athanasius
    Athanasius

I read Shirer's book back in the 1960s when I was in High School. Very detailed, over a thousand pages. Also read John Toland's biography of Hitler. Toland revealed a different side of Hitler that has been ignored by many historians.

However, it is true that Shirer writing in the 1950s didn't have access to many recently declassified documents. Interestingly, the JWs are mentioned in Alexander Dallin's 1958 book, GERMAN RULE IN RUSSIA 1941-1945. Dallin said that once the Nazis had conquered the Soviet Union that Himmler planned to resettle some JWs in Russia to convert the population to the Watch Tower and making the Russians more docile.

Sincerely,

Athanasius

• heathen
    heathen

Nazis suck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I think they made a documentary out of that book pretty sure I've seen it on the history channel.

• ronin1
    ronin1

Read Hitler's Mein Kampht ( I believe that is the spelling, I could be wrong).

I read it in high school when I had to do a thesis Germany and the Rise and Fall of Hitler.

This book will really let you see propaganda at its height and how a cult can be risen from the ashes.

Ronin1

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit