Bismarck ND

by BadJerry 10 Replies latest jw experiences

• BadJerry
    BadJerry

We're out (the whole family - all five of us) Are there any who attended Bismarck ND cong???? In Omaha now - but we're out here too!

Still, BadJerry us)

• wildfire
    wildfire

OMG IAM SO SURPRISED TO SEE SOMEONE THAT LIVED THERE I LIVE INMANDAN. THERE ARE 5 OF YOU WHO LEFT HOW LONG AGO........ I AM ONMY WAYOUT STILLHAVE A CHILD IN THE TROOF...THO HEY EMAIL ME IF YOU WANT..... I READ THE BOOK GEORGE ORWELL AND COULDNOT BELIEVE ALL THE SIMILARITIES,,,,,BIG BROTHER ISWATCHING ,,,,, FREEDOM IS SLAVERY ,,,, AND THE CHERISHED DOUBLESPEAK,,,, THE FUNNY THING IT WASMY DAU BOOK.....(I DONT MEAN TO BE SHOUTING..I AM EXCITED PLEASE GET BACK WITH ME .... LETS SEE DOES GORDIE RING A BELL,,, OR BLEEKER...... OR BENISH

• garybuss
    garybuss

I have fond memories of Bismark, ND. It was there that my three year old son and I were belly pushed away from a perfectly good, stocked, candy vending machine with a paper hand lettered "Out Of Order" sign Scotch taped across it, by two JW assembly security cops. God's organization my ass! Hahahaha

Welcome! I live near Sioux Falls, SD. We are 4 free and two in. Congratulations!

gb

The Way I See it http://www.freeminds.org/buss/buss.htm

• wildfire
    wildfire

GARY I LOVE YOUR ARMAGEDDON OKIES... OMG ISPLIT MY SIDE ON SO MANY OF THEM........ ESP LEROY THINKS HES ANNOINTED ,,, SINCE my ex who is from the Sisseton SD tribe claimed to be one for years .. and then pooofffff his people freakin needed him or some dam thing believe me i could write a book...... he even did the Sioux tradition of some dam ritual where they hang themselves up with hooks to prove how dam brave they are haaa this same medicine man was a magician too,,,, he abandoned his 3 children for years didnt pay a lick of child support but thanks gary would love to meeet you maybe some day i live in mandan....ohhh big woop what year did you go to bismarck assembly... i lived in florida from 86--93 cya around .....

• garybuss
    garybuss

Hi Wild
    The Rainbow Lifesavers vending machine incident was at my last district assembly. That was in 1975.

Glad you have enjoyed the Okies. So many of the JW's I grew up around were a little strange. One was a woman who was in her 50's, married and manic. Her husband was happy she was a JW and gone a lot. She was a non-stop talker and nothing made sense. She didn't drive and tended to wear out the JW's who would pick her up for meetings and service. She locked herself out of the house one day and walked all the way to the hall and asked some of us to help her get in. We took her back home and sure enough the door was locked. We rang the bell and her husband came to the door. Hahahaha She was an anointed too.

gb

The Way I See it http://www.freeminds.org/buss/buss.htm

• wildfire
    wildfire

HI GARY nice you responded to my post,,,, you are quite the writer ,,, i dabble in it from time to time an d i write some intense poetry ,,,I have to have something to quiet the beast inside,,,I can understand your anger and frustration at the Society,, with your wifes situation..... how very wrong.......(sigh) we have our share of okies here also there is this one pioneer sister who must have her seat in the back room when field service starts or she stands in the hall way (much to the chagrin of the brother conducting the meeting its sooo dam funny and this same pioneer sister has a dog (stuffed) that she got from her kids...they are notin the trooth..she keeps it in her bedroom and there are rumors that it has casters on its feet and she walks it around her block.... well as you can see ndak has some real winners !!!!!! but as far as annointed people yes they are a peculiar bunch..... myex for example was a real nutcase......and now the sad thing his son (22) is in prison on trumped up charges... and he has paranoid schizophrenia...but the freeken elders leave me alone when it come s to visiting him....... they know he is sick..... even if he wasnt.. i would be there .... i am a fighter i think i will survive anyway nice to chat with you ,,, i am honored to know you thru your writings ....... great work.....

• RunningMan
    RunningMan

Well, I'm not from Bismark, but I did go the the District convention there one year. I think it was 1992. Not a bad spot for a DC.

• imanaliento
    imanaliento

hey katie !! hello and welcome, of course we know you, I had sent an e-mail, don't think it went through, I will try again. love and hugs Jackie

• imanaliento
    imanaliento

hey wildfire, hello to you too! we lived in Bismarck from 1984 to 1994, baptized in 1990 got out of that just here in Aug. Gordy credits himself for bring us in, but it was Melody Schaaker who started with us. Know the Benish's and Wieses, Taggarts and have met the Krauses, the Bleekers came after we left, met them the last time we went to the convention up there in 2001. DA ourselves here in Aug. I'll e-mail you a card sometime. when we left in 94 they were just getting the land to have a new hall built. I don't think there's anything there yet but a wall. is it still that way?

garybuss, when we travel up to see my parents in Northern Minn. we go right through south dakota.

• garybuss
    garybuss

imanaliento, we live just off I 90 near Sioux Falls. Please give us a call and see if we are here next time you pass through.

We like company. 605-334-5692

gb

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit