Happiness in a Box?

by Satanus 15 Replies latest watchtower medical

• Satanus
    Satanus

Is it possible to get happiness from a little box w a small computer inside? I read about this kind of stuff in scifi books. The future is now. It's supposed to help dealing w stress, help w insomnia, etc.

It's an electronic gadget that puts out a modulated current. All a person needs to do is clip a wire to his/her ear lobe and turn it up to a comfortable level. It gives a mild high. The reviewer claimed several days of a happier mood after it's use. Here is his statement.

Shortly after the hallucination started, I noticed small bursts of light in my peripheral vision, followed by a feeling of happiness. The happiness can only be described as the same feeling one would get if they drank a glass of strong wine, a couple of martinis, or even smoked marijuana. After approximately 15 minutes, I decided to take the ear clips off and stand up to see if I'd still feel "high". Walking was a somewhat difficult task at first, as my balance felt a bit off and I was still hallucinating and seeing bursts of light from the sides of my eyes. Shortly after, the visual affects wore off, but I still had an ecstasy-like feeling coming over me.

For two days I was happier than usual, and didn't feel any anxiety; something I've been unsuccessfully trying to deal with my entire life. With the continued use with VoodooMagickBox, I can honestly say it helped the minor anxiety disappear, which is something I never expected to happen from using this box! The perfectly safe, legal, recreational digital drug? Hell yeah!

I've recommended it to all my friends and they too have told me they have the same great trips from it. Now I recommend it to you. Has this story made you curious? If so, I suggest purchasing Voodoo Magick Box.

http://www.voodoomachine.com/

SS

Edited by - saintsatan on 10 October 2002 3:30:20

• SPAZnik
    SPAZnik

sign me up!

SPAZ (of the "i'll-try-anything-(legal)-at-least-once klass")

Edited by - SPAZnik on 10 October 2002 11:49:50

• link
    link

SS,

I think that its called ECT!

Seriously though, somewhere I have the drawings for this gadget which is very quick and simple to make. If I can fish them out I will post them sometime.

link

• og
    og

Self-selected anecdotal evidence, no independent studies - works for the Watchtower, it'll probably work for these guys too...

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

Why the ear? Why can't the gizzmo be hooked to your finger or arm or, errr, well, you know....

• Satanus
    Satanus

Link

Thanks. One could probably make one w $20 worth of parts from radio shack, eh?

og

It's new. I couldn't find anything to corroborate or debunk the effects.

Spaz

I would try it too. If you try it, i would be interested in how it goes.

SS

• Satanus
    Satanus

elsewhere

It works on the brain. Since guys got another brain, err, you know where, it might be worth a try.

SS

• Kingpawn
    Kingpawn

Seriously speaking, this could be the next advance in the treatment of mental illness, anxiety, or depression.

I'd guess the device sends electrical currents to the brain, in a certain phase relationship to brain waves, changing them and the person's perceptions of life. It's the mental equivalent of a tranquilizer w/o the drugs.

Suppose a small device could be implanted within the body, like maybe under an arm, and electrodes leading to areas of the brain known to produce or affect moods. There'd be a computer chip with a database of brainwave patterns for various problems, two sets of electrodes implanted in the brain, and instructions for the phase angle/amout of current needed to counteract the problem when detected. One set of wires "reads" the mind, another corrects. The technology for this "corrective" action already exists. A guy's working on a device just like this, but worn externally, for pilots who don't make the proper adjustments to a plane's flight path, as monitored by an onboard computer. The right thought would be sent to the brain and the pilot responds.

The potential for mind control is obvious in the wrong hands. The guy I mentioned above said he doesn't think it's his duty to worry about it, though.

Not trying to `jack the thread, but the device has many potential benefits.

• Satanus
    Satanus

Kingpawn

I agree totally. This has opened the door to a whole new field. Devices like this could be inserted into prisoners, causing unpleasantness or pleasure. In soldiers, to keep them in the right fighting spirit, over riding pain, fatigue or despondancy. If this thing really works, then other companies will likely be producing them as well. Then prices will come down.

SS

• og
    og

Oh, sweet Jesus you folks are gullible. It's a website selling a little shock box that lists a lot of probably bogus recommendations and refers to zero studies or independent reviews. It's worthless.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit