How to Remove the Entire Buncha Bad Apples?

by Francois 10 Replies latest jw friends

• Francois
    Francois

There was a thread not too long ago about attempting to remove the entire governing body? I think they all need to go. How do we do that? I think we need to ask an attorney.

IS THERE AN ATTORNEY IN THE HOUSE?

How do we remove the entire board of directors of a private, religious, non-profit (har), organization? Enquiring minds want to know.

francois

• AGuest
    AGuest

I am not an attorney, Franc, but...

Even if they were indicted for crime, the Board of Directors would have to remove the officers, and the shareholders would have to remove the Board of Directors, either for reason or by election at the annual meeting, via Resolution.

Otherwise, it would take the State Secretary in whatever state the organization was incorporated in to dissolve the corporation, by decree from a court that found the corporation (and not its officers) "guilty" of some crime or its inability to continue due to lack of capital (its no longer solvent).

It's the same with every corporation, no matter whether for- or non-profit, religious or not.

Peace to you!

A slave of Christ,

SJ

And, P.S., (for those who might wonder "how" I know, as I am not an attorney), I do not know this from the Spirit, per se, but from that fact that almost every job I've had since age 17 has required me to know it (how to sit or remove the officers is in all Articles of Incorporation and/or Bylaws). Peace!

Edited by - AGuest on 9 October 2002 15:58:21

• terabletera
    terabletera

well there ya have it. talk about puttin things in a tidy nutshell.

• goatlike
    goatlike

i'm no advocate for any particular group or cause, but aren't they guilty of promoting hatred of homosexuals and the inequality women?

If consciously deciding to let a child die isn't murder in the 1st, it's gotta be at least criminal negligence or manslaughter.

I can't speak out publicly against homosexuality, or deny a woman a job because of her gender, how do they get away with encouraging these things?

I guess freedom of speach even protects the klan and jerry falwell, but pressuring a person to die instead of recieve medical treatment isn't about just having your own opinion. sometimes i'm pretty naive, but how do they (and many other groups) get away with it?

• AGuest
    AGuest
    how do they get away with encouraging these things

Because, IN TRUTH, from a governmental standpoint, religions are not much more than "social clubs," with their own rules and CC&Rs, etc. Thus, when one JOINS a club, one is bound by the rules of that club. People (excluding children) tend to JOIN religions... willingly. The children are members by connection. This country (the US), which the WTBTS is incorporated in, promotes "freedom of religion," so that one can worship God as one wishes, within one's organized "society". One cannot, however, force OTHERS into that worship (what they do to them once they're inside, however, short of physical harm, is another story, and one not messed with by the governing authorities very much due to the free will and consent ones exercised to GET in. The mental, psychological and emotional harms are of little concern, because religion is primarily a social entity which appeals to the mental, emotion and psychological parts of a person).

Why does the US government allow religions to exist? (Notice, I said the US, because in the Islamic world it is entirely different...) Because... they (the religious "community") promote apathy, complacency, unity, politics (yes, even the WTBTS, by reason of their many court cases... someone's got to give the lawyers, courts, politicians, Congress something to muse over)... and even war when the US Government wants one. For instance, in order for Bush to "sell" his desired attack on Iraq, he MUST get the backing, NOT of Congress, but of the majority religious community. If that community wants it, Congress will pass it. Congress has not passed it, because IT does not have the support of that community... which votes it into office. Why do you think there are flags... and voting stations... in churches? The religious community is the LARGEST voter population, followed by the economic community, which has the greatest lobbying power.

And, most importantly, religion tends to "keep the natives calm". Look at the anarchy that takes place in countries with one religion, or no religion or freedom of religion, exists... and look at the "effect" of religion on its people where it is permitted. Religion... LULLS. And the government knows it... and needs it. For most of mankind is "god-LESS" and conduct themselves in "lawLESSness".

That's why when problems arise... they (governments/politicians) ALWAYS appeal to the churches, and why the lion's share of social service dollars go TO the "religious community" for social service programs. And the religious community well knows this. They get WAY more $$$ from the government, by means of tax exemptions and funding... than they do from their parish or congregations.

I bid you peace!

A slave of Christ,

SJ

A slave of Christ

• pomegranate
    pomegranate
    How do we remove the entire board of directors of a private, religious, non-profit (har), organization?

<of course it's a joke>

Edited by - pomegranate on 9 October 2002 20:20:28

• goatlike
    goatlike

thanks aguest; so they basically contribute more good than bad to the overall well-being of the cattle-at-large....you sed it bro, guess i suspected it all along, but it still sux... no one ever asked me if i wanted to join.. so i screamed NO while they beat the shiite out of me ... til i was big enough and left. making me think about childrens rights now..

• AGuest
    AGuest
    you sed it bro

Uh, ack-shoo-lee... that would be "sis", if you please.

Peace to you!

SJ

• goatlike
    goatlike

sorry sis, mill yuns and mill yuns of apologies

thanks again

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

AGuest,

On the points you made above I agree. You addressed the matter of removing corporate officers, but the governing body, as you know, are not corporate officers, but a group of men who claim to be led by God's Holy Spirit. They "select" and validate each other.

It seems to me that there is no way that we who no longer accept the "spiritual authority" of the GB and their legal instrument, the WTS could possible make the sort of change that Frank asked about. The GB will perpetuate itself into the future by selecting and validating new members as old members go to their reward in the long box under the dirt.

The only effective action to is to advertise, ADVERTISE, ADVERTISE what a house of lies and corruption it really is.

By the way, it is a common misconception that all Jehovah's Witnesses are somehow "members" of the WTB&TS, but this is not so. In all the world, only about 500 men make up the entire membership of the WTB&TS as stockholders. Ask a JW sometime to tell you how many shares of WTB&TS he owns. The answer is zero. The average JW has absolutely no say in the affairs of the WTB&TS.

Edited by - Nathan Natas on 10 October 2002 18:46:58

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit