welcome to me, another newbie

by fluttergirl2 33 Replies latest jw friends

• fluttergirl2
    fluttergirl2

Hello all.

I've visited here a time or two but this is the first time I've posted. Been out for five years now. Left because I realized I was expected to be perfect and that just wasn't gonna happen. Mom and step-dad left before me. I did the 'appopriate' thing and distanced myself from them. When we talked we would just shun the topic of religion. Finally, right time/right place, I was talking with them and started asking questions about what they knew. I was floored when they told me the truth about the JW's.

Anyway, five years later, here I am. I skipped a lot, obviously. Have two kids. My father lives about 35 minutes from me. I think he's an elder or something. But he has never seen his grandchildren. My husband contacted him once to try to get him to see them and he said he didn't want him or his family to have anything to do with me or my children.

Heard through word of mouth that they read a letter stating I'd dissassociated myself. Not true, of course. Was really pissed for a long time. Now, I don't really give a crap anymore. I've been so blessed with much better friends and family who would never leave me for anything.

I used to be interested in stuff like this, but honestly...I've pretty much moved on. I came here to kind of get a gauge for where you all are. I now believe in everything I was taught was wrong. All the opposites of the New World Translation. Am I alone on this site? I've searched and searched and was having a really hard time finding you folks, except for a page on the rediculousness of the death on a stake instead of a cross.

Noticed there's some actual JW's on here. That's pretty odd. Thought you folks were supposed to run from us. If you're afraid to leave...I can tell you from experience: there IS life after JW's. And it's wonderful. Very liberating. Never felt so alive till after I left. Thought I was happy. I had no idea what being happy was...

fluttergirl2

• hamptonite21
    hamptonite21

welcome flutter

• Mimilly
    Mimilly

(((((((((((((((((((((((((((((Flutter))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

Welcome! Pull up your most comfy cushions and make yourself at home hon.

Mimilly

• out4good3
    out4good3

Welcome Fluttergirl2

There sure seems to be a ton of new people posting here these days.......

there IS life after JW's. And it's wonderful. Very liberating. Never felt so alive till after I left. Thought I was happy. I had no idea what being happy was...

If only I can get that through some of the thick heads of my JW relatives........but, alas, they only want to believe what they've been told by the WT. If it doesn't come from their faithless and depressing slave class, their shut it out of their minds.

It's liberating indeed to not have your whole being suppressed under the unyeilding weight of the endless array of WT rules and regulations. What the WT and JW have bears no resemblance godliness or the enjoyment of life. I see the turmoil in my JW relatives face when they really want to do something but can't because they're emotionally and mentally enslaved to WT doubletalk.

• OrbitingTheSun
    OrbitingTheSun

Welcome!

• BoozeRunner
    BoozeRunner

Hi Fluttergirl, and WELCOME...let me extend to you a Laurel and Hearty handshake. Yes, theres life and happiness after the Jdubs, and I am happy to see you found it. I hope we hear more from you in thje future.

Boozy

• fluttergirl2
    fluttergirl2

Wow! you are all so friendly. I'm admittedly fearful of more ostracism once you know more about me, but here goes:

I told you I left five years ago. When I left (this is the really short version) I realized that most everything I'd been taught growing up about my 'faith' was a lie. So, upon leaving, I became agnostic for a few years. I knew there must have been something that put us here, but I didn't want to believe it was God...no...let me re-phrase that. I didn't want to believe it was Jehovah. So I threw out everything.

My search resumed relatively fruitlessly for a while. Now (again REALLY short version) I have become a born again Christian. I attend two churches (strange I know). One is Baptist. Not crazy about their theology, but my husband doesn't want to leave there yet. The other is basically just a reformed church. Their theology is right on target. By reformed, of course, I mean in line with the Reformation Movement, your John Calvin and Martin Luthers of the the world. I take the Bible very literally. It's so nice to be able to take it at face value instead of having everything interpreted for me and not being able to question. I have questioned till my hearts content and will continue to do say of everything that is told to me.

I guess I came here, more than anything, to see if there were other former JW's on the same path as me.

I'm up for theological discussions, but not with Witnesses. It's not worth the arguement. Sorry if that offends, but I've been where you are and arguing is moot since you don't believe you can be wrong, being guided by a group of power hungry men and all.

fluttergirl2

• Double Edge
    Double Edge

Hi F.G....

Always nice to have a new 'face'. Thanks for sharing and WELCOME.

• pomegranate
    pomegranate

Greetings!!!

• SPAZnik
    SPAZnik

welcome fluttergirl2.

i'm an xdub too. pretty much agnostic i guess, but i'm not really sure.

most people here are EXdubs, all at various "stages" of their spiritual journey or of their "recovery" from the jw experience.

good luck in your journey and once again, welcome to the site.

SPAZ

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit