What is an Elder?

by footprints 11 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

Could an elder could be a "professional" cleaner or window-washer?.

• IslandWoman
    IslandWoman

What is an elder?

Well, sometimes he's that fellow that stays with an elderly sister about to have surgery and is all alone. And when she returns to her hospital room still asleep from the anesthesia, pulls the sheets over her shoulder to keep her warm because as he said, "she often complains of her shoulders hurting her."

What is an elder?

Sometimes he's the one to first get the call something bad has happened, someone is in need and he gets up from dinner, leaves his home and goes to help.

What is an elder?

Sometimes he's that fellow that helps a poor sister buy a car by lending her the money without interest.

What is an elder?

Sometimes he's that man that shows more compassion to a young person than even their own father.

What is an elder?

Sometimes he's that guy that when seeing another elder act in an unChristian way does what is needed to correct the situation.

What is an elder?

Sometimes he's that fellow that helps four little girls living in a divided household by extending a hand of friendship and love.

What is an elder?

Sometimes he's a fellow who when someone is crushed, raises them up.

What is an elder?

Sometimes just a guy that tries his darndest to help others, just a regular guy with irregular responsibilities.

What is an elder?

All of the above and much more, because they have all been personal experiences of mine. In fact there have been more elders that have helped me and my family than have harmed us.

Just a presentation of the other side of the coin.

IW

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit