Theocratic War Strategy & "Phenomenal ...

by Scully 24 Replies latest jw friends

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Hi Scully, It is sad when ones family are so fixed in the faith , so blinkered, you want to shake them to see reality, still as Random Task said

"These people have desperate need for their beliefs to come true, or else they would have wasted their entire life for nothing."

We all know just how hard is to come to terms with that brutal truth, that we have spent the best years of our life pursueing goals that are no more than pipe dreams. And that no matter what we thought, we are going to get old ,just like everyone else has done. I believe it takes a certain courage to face that. It is easier to keep on believing the lie and making excuses to carry on believing .

But at least we saw the light.

• Francois
    Francois

I heard all the stories back between 1966 - 1975 about how the population of all carrion birds was exploding, just exploding! Imagine that! See how Jehovah is preparing even the birds for Armaggedon?

Then, in 1976, I stopped hearing those stories. Which is what they are, of course, stories. Scary stories that dysfunctional parents tell their children at bedtime to keep 'em in line.

What a buncha creeps the WTBTS is.

I say the JWs are a cult, and I say FECUND them. That's what I say.

francois

Yay Us, boo them.

• NeonMadman
    NeonMadman

That ol' vulture population's been growing by leaps and bounds ever since the 1960's. Doggone, there should be so many of 'em by now that we'd all have one sitting on our shoulder waiting for us to keel over...

"We've never had such weird weather -- it's a sign that things are falling in place for the government to turn on religion"

Non sequitur
    The heck wit' her
    Dum da dum da dum dum...

(Bonus points to anyone who can ID the cultural reference...)
    (Shoot, I shoulda used that one on the "Name a Song From a Snippet of Lyric" thread!)

• Scully
    Scully

Random Task:

As they get old they look back on how when they were kids they thought they wouldn't even be out of school before the end came, I know I did. But some people have been believing the lie for 20, 30, 40, 50+ years. These people have desperate need for their beliefs to come true, or else they would have wasted their entire life for nothing. No matter what you believe, we hall have the thought, "what if this life is all there is?" They must think that way too from time to time.

I did that too. And I think that's part of the reason why I'm now on the outside. You can only keep putting off the inevitable for so long before you start to think "What does my life have to show for it?" At the age of 30, other than my kids and my marriage, there wasn't a whole lot that was going for me. From the age of 7, I kept hearing how I'd never:

• finish grade school (graduated in 1976)
    • finish high school (graduated in 1980)
    • get married (1984)
    • have children (1986, 1992, 1993)
    • see my parents grow old (my mom & dad are both in their 60s now, with minimal in retirement savings)

Looking at those events as they unfolded, I knew I didn't want to become like some of the older dubs around me - the ones who had pioneered forever, put careers on hold, put their money in the contribution box instead of into retirement savings, paying rent for decades instead of investing in a house (and putting the money they should have been putting aside for a downpayment into the contribution boxes) - not only were they suffering materially, but they were drained emotionally and spiritually. It was as though they had invested their whole lives into the WTS only to find out that they were throwing good money after bad. That the WTS Bank of the New Order wasn't honouring the checks its investors were hoping to be able to cash in.

It was (and sometimes still IS) a painful realization, that I spent 25 years of my life making the likes of Ted Jaracz, Fred Franz and Dan Sydlik comfortable, and that my parents have been doing the same for what's coming up to be almost 35 years now. But when you've got SO MUCH invested already into a company/product that's floundering, to pull out when that BIG PAYOFF seems to be SO CLOSE has got to be one of the scariest damn things to do. No wonder people have such a hard time walking away when the facts are screaming out to them.

Love, Scully

• expatbrit
    expatbrit

What's really interesting is that the vulture population in India has plummeted.

A country of a billion people, but only 21,000 JW's (1 in 45,000 people).

How does that fit into JW vultureocracy, I wonder?

Expatbrit

• Scully
    Scully

Expat:

What's really interesting is that the vulture population in India has plummeted.

A country of a billion people, but only 21,000 JW's (1 in 45,000 people).

How does that fit into JW vultureocracy, I wonder?

I'm sure the Awake! magazine that keeps reminding dubs about the increase in vulture numbers conveniently left that part out. Besides, isn't it more important that it's happening on a GLOBAL scale, rather than just a silly little isolated place like India?? Maybe Jehovah has something else planned for them anyway, something along the lines of what happened in Egypt.... like maybe the cows will turn on them or something.... that would be appropriate, considering how they "worship" their cows, right??

Love, Scully

• Mary
    Mary

"Did you know that the vulture population is increasing??"

Yep. I hear they want to do a re-make of Alfred Hitchcock's The Birds.

• mustang
    mustang

still reading... but NOT THE VULTURE POPULATION, again...

I heard the "vulture population" thing in the late 60's. 1975 was coming, ya know.

Mustang

Edited by - mustang on 8 October 2002 21:22:37

• TonyT
    TonyT
    it is only reasonable that Jah would begin stockpiling vultures. Always thinking ahead, he is. I guess that's why he's the big guy

That is too funny!!!!

Tony

• minimus
    minimus

I notice more flies and crap too. This is proof that we're living in the end. Also there's alot more bumblebees than before.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit