New letter, re: Fully Utilizing Kingdom Hall Auditoriums

by suavojr 113 Replies latest jw friends

• pepperheart
    pepperheart
    If you go on the main jw website THEY will tell you that they have closed 20 branch headquaters around the world plus they are selling prime site in new york and london.Itravel a lot and have a look in all the trolleys i see.They have had NINE year old teaching books to give to the general publicAnd they are using the 30 page mags more than the 200 page books, i dont think they are in money trouble just yet but they might be thinking ahead for the next five or ten years time.If they really thought these were the end times they would be using all the money to help all the pioneres go full time to get more people into the kingdom.
  • millie210
    millie210

For the past while it seemed like the Org wanted to keep dividing the Halls. We were told locally that the criteria was 100-140 pubs/10 elders = divide.

This was the C.O.s advice. They split our Hall but there was a lot of input by certain elders and their families and wanting to be with their friends so even though the numbers looked even the weight bearing members were not.

Both Halls started out with 70 pubs, 5 elders, 7 pioneers.

Now, one Hall is down to about 40 pubs and they have removed some elders and others have left supposedly to do other things where the need is "greater" rather than stick with that dead horse.

The other Hall is dwindling more slowly but dwindling...it has the nit picky elders who are slowly driving folks away. There are probably less half the pioneers that there were before the split, 3 in one Hall and 4 in another.

• Brokeback Watchtower
    Brokeback Watchtower

Boy these guys on the GB who make sure these letters have the right spin are doing their darndest to not call a spade a spade. I gota give them kudos for their attempts.

Get ready for some big sell off and lots of disgruntled JWs searching the internet for answers who now spend more time on the web instead of traveling 20+ miles because their local hall was sold to be more efficient(pay for child molestation lawsuits).

People can only be so dumb.

• committeechairman
    committeechairman

Wing Commander:

I think "Final Solution" is the wording you're looking for.

CC

• Quarterback
    Quarterback

I've often thought that Conventions Auditoriums were over booked for many years. How many have arrived at a descent hour only to find very few seating availability. The Attendants end up with the headaches in trying to find seating for such ones and many times come up empty. So help us God, if this comes to the local congregations. I'm not surprised that the WT is feeling a money crunch.

It's kind of a Greece situation, and this is our Austerity measures.

• poopie
    poopie
    Good point about elders not wanting to go to thr cong in terr that they reside in because of personalitu clashes with othet elders.one specifically told me if the co forced him to go to asigned cong he would step down as elder.Some elders are very territorial and do not cooperate always cooperate with other elders not on there body so let the saueeze begin funny how the elders say obey but they do not always obey o well chalk it up to imperfection.
  • KiddingMe
    KiddingMe
    Marked, thanks!
  • janusfulcrum
  • pepperheart
    pepperheart
    when merging a lot of elders are going to have a BIG shock if new york says KHs will close that is what they will do and if elders dont like it, tough and if they say they will leave well they might get a very nasty shock.
  • rip van winkle
    rip van winkle

Has this letter been verified?

Master plan ? Twice?

A liitle Nazi...?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit