New letter, re: Fully Utilizing Kingdom Hall Auditoriums

by suavojr 113 Replies latest jw friends

• XBEHERE
    XBEHERE
    Oh its real, I just downloaded and read it. This must be for area's where congregations are small. In my part of the U.S the attendance is too high to support the scenario mentioned in the letter. I might add, high as in inflated artificially due to circumstances taking place.
  • FayeDunaway
    FayeDunaway
    It's all about money, and who cares if it burdens the elders and min servs and publishers even more than they are already burdened. Anything to save a buck.
  • OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

SO, brothers....

We took your funds away and explained that we need more Kingdom Halls. We showed you designs for new Kingdom Halls and made you feel that this was happening. Heck, you probably got excited by the new look, and it will happen in some places where it will be easy to sell these branch bank or dentist-office types of buildings.

Now when you start to feel the delay, we prepare for that with thoughts on merging and cramming more people into your old Kingdom Hall or selling your old Kingdom Hall. TOO LATE, IT'S OUR MONEY ALREADY. HA HA!!!! FOOL YOU ONCE, FOOL YOU FOREVER!!!

• Splash
    Splash

I don't understand the logic.

There's an urgent need for Kingdom Halls so we're going to combine congregations.
    If a congregation has spare capacity then it's not on the list for a new hall.

I guess the only way this adds up if is the new kingdom hall is to replace one that's falling down and needs replacing. In this instance the congregation could instead move to another hall, but this does not follow the logic that the new halls are needed because of the wondrous expansion that's now taking place.

Seems like a property / land grab to me.

XBEHERE In my part of the U.S the attendance is too high to support the scenario mentioned in the letter.

Not if the two congregations meet at the combined hall on different days/times.Two congregations, one shared hall.

• suavojr
    suavojr
    These cult leaders know how to fleece the flock!
  • _Morpheus
    _Morpheus
    I dont know why this makes me so happy but i swear im giggling like a school girl :) praise Thor!!!! The god of parking lots is openly mocking his people by taking the gold and silver and giving them..... Nothing.
  • tim3l0rd
    tim3l0rd
    HA HA!!!! FOOL YOU ONCE, FOOL YOU FOREVER!!!

Ain't that the truth. That should be the WBTS motto.

The consolidations are being spun as an equalization. I've heard many dubs say how some areas may need to be consolidated to save money so that more money is available to build in areas where there is greater need.

• ToesUp
    ToesUp
    They call this the bait and switch. They got all the KH funds to build new KH's . BS!! Now they have all your money and will be merging congregations. I believe the decline in attendance is beginning to have an impact. Yippie!!!
  • Crazyguy
    Crazyguy
    I just last night devided the number of congregations by the number of members based on 2013 statistics, there's only about 70 people per congregation worldwide. They don't need more Kingdom Halls!
  • ScenicViewer
    ScenicViewer

The subject, Fully Utilizing Kingdom Hall Auditoriums, puts a positive spin on a big problem. Rather than saying 'meeting attendance is down, Kingdom Halls are at 1/3 capacity, and donations are decreasing, they begin by citing a situation that rarely, if ever exists.

When an auditorium is overcrowded and no additional meeting times can be scheduled, building a new Kingdom Hall may be the most practical solution.

How often does this happen? Standing room only at a K.H.? I remember this in the early 1970s locally, but when I stopped attending meetings in 2006 the K.H. was 2/3 empty for mid-week meetings and about 1/2 empty on Sunday; I doubt there has been a boom in meeting attendance since.

If new Kingdom Halls are built when there is an overcrowding situation, figure on about '0' new Halls.

Presented second is the real situation, the 'on the other hand' scenario.

On the other hand, the master plan may identify auditoriums that could be better utilized. [...] Could congregations merge in order to make better use of the auditorium capacity? Could a congregation relocate to an auditorium with sufficient parking and seating?

As usual Watchtower is handling a problem, in this case low meeting attendance, without clearly identifying what the real problem is. Witnesses will be left thinking there is growth even though it isn't happening in their area; many will see there is low meeting attendance in their Hall, but think they must be the exception.

And when the extra Kingdom Halls are sold, the ones left over after congregations merge, where will the proceeds go? Straight to Watchtower of course. It will ultimately be another cash grab by "God's Organization."

Edit: This amounts to a HUGE double dip. First Watchtower takes congregations' savings accounts by claiming that new Kingdom Halls are needed, and Second they sell off existing Kingdom Halls that are left over after the merge, pocketing even more money. Smooth.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit