Shall I go to the meeting? Would you?

by KateWild 57 Replies latest jw experiences

• DJS
    DJS

Sparrowdown: "Do what you want, which what I suspect is to go."

Ditto.

• GrreatTeacher
    GrreatTeacher

I completely agree with JWdaughter and undertheradar.

Going to even one meeting could have very negative consequences with your children.

It's wonderful to be a supportive friend (and I still think you could be such), but I think you've got to be a mum first and foremost this time.

• C0ntr013r
    C0ntr013r
    There's been a lot of research by scientists and sociologists on this so caution is the word here.
    flipper do you have any source for this claim? I just find it boring and ridiculous sitting through a meeting after I woke up. You see through the manipulation and lies, I don't think it has any negative effect other than that you might get irritated. Once you know TTATT I think you are pretty much immune to their deception.
    This is of curse my personal experience so some source to your claim would be very interesting.
    KateWild

Regarding giving false hopes to you daughter, I think if this is a risk. Going could be a bad idea, some have had relatives reconnect with them when they realized that they will never come back. It will be a setback in this regard if you give your daughter hope.

Also, if you decide to go I would suggest as many others have. That you make it clear to your friend why you are going so there wont be any misunderstanding or any idea that you are approving their decision to become reinstated.

But as I said before, I don't see any reason to fear the JW indoctrination after learning about TTATT as many of the other posters here do. If you think you can help your friend by going to the meeting I think you could do it, but remember to include the effect this will have on your daughter before make a decision.

• KateWild
    KateWild

Thanks guys for all the support I really needed it.

My loved one came round for a meal before the meeting and we caught up and chatted a lot. She asked questions that showed she had a genuine interest. I told her I had been dating for the past year and that if I go back to the KH and get RI'd, I would not qualify to date or remarry as my husband divorced me on unscriptural grounds. The guy I have been dating this week is really nice and he contacted me while my friend was there. She said he was a puppet of Satan.

This made me laugh as it's exactly what I would have said to her as a youngster (she is the same age as my daughter). So she is feeding me nonsense that I taught her.

She was very emotional though and sincerely thought I was going to die at Armageddon, I did tell her that I had given Jehovah my best and he would save me if he really exists, as all he wants is our best. But she really wanted me to come with her, and told me all the harsh elders had left and now they were all just, kind elders. I could see the fear and love in her eyes. She was emotionally blackmailing me and I knew it but I loved her anyway and care about her. So I caved and went to the meeting even though I knew it was a bad idea.

All the brothers and sisters that saw me acknowledged me and winked or smiled. It felt nice but I knew it wasn't right. This was also a different hall from my KH that i got DF'd from. So no matter how nice they were my old JC that I recorded, would have to RI me and they are never going to do that, but I don't want to anyway.

The meeting was nonsense and I was really just criticising everything. Then after the song and the service meeting started I got a phone call from the guy I was dating, he wanted a chat to get to know me better. I ran outside to answer the phone and told him I was busy and would call him back when I was free. He said "ok no problem enjoy yourself"

So I am sitting in the KH, listening to propaganda and nonsense, clock watching until I can talk to this wonderful guy I have met. I thought it was ludicrous!!!!!! he said enjoy myself!!!!!

So I walked out and left, called him and had a nice chat. I wasn't going to let WT take my time and my life.

The majority of advice was good telling me not to go, but my heart strings couldn't resist the pull of love bombing. I love them all, but know I can't have them back.

Thank you for all the responses since i last checked in I will answer you all now

Kate xx

• KateWild
    KateWild

tiki - yes you're right I should have stayed away thanks for the support.

flipper - good research, but all that I heard just reinforced my negative feeling about WT, love bombing is my weakness.

Kate xx

• KateWild
    KateWild

Fink, Searcher, - I get what your both saying and thanks for keeping me out. I Think once we are out we still need support to make sure we don't go back.

Kate xx

• KateWild
    KateWild
    If you go back with your friend, make sure they know that you're going for them and that you do not support anything related to JWs. Otherwise, as others have stated, they may take your presence as your endorsement of JW things. - Tim

I did as you advised and she told me I was going for the wrong reasons. But she knew the truth.

Kate xx

• KateWild
    KateWild

Laika- Yes you're right. That is what I felt when everyone was greeting me and smiling. They all had hopes that I was coming back and I feel bad because I don't want to intentionally mislead any of my loved ones.

Kate xx

• 4thgen
  • 4thgen
    4thgen
    m

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit