Why did Jesus have to die?

by Crazyguy 33 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

Let's think about this for a bit. Adam was tempted and sinned by eating of the fruit. He missed out on immortality by being denied the tree of life. He continued to live on though for almost a thousand years. Jesus on the other hand passes three temptations by Satan yet still dies, what I don't get it. He passed the test so he equaled the scales, so why does he still have to die? Death was a result of Adams error and had nothing to do with the test. If someone can make a good argument why I'm wrong then the next question would be then why did Jesus have to die the way he did a brutal torturous death, why not in his sleep most likely the way Adam went?

If my argument holds up to scrutiny I'm thinking this maybe another way to get people to wake up.

• opusdei1972
    opusdei1972

Also, if Jesus passed the test and died for us for our sins, why we still die for our sins after 2000 years?. Why do we see too many divisions in the Christian religion? ....So, the Christian doctrine doesn't work, it is a fraud as any other religion. Note that the following is one of the main principles in the Christian religion:

Who is the liar? Whoever denies that Jesus is the Christ ( 1 John 2:22)

So, this religion is accusing whoever denies that Jesus is the Savior of all humans. However, Jesus wrote nothing for us, and his followers gave us a contradictory set of books,

• LorenzoSmithXVII
    LorenzoSmithXVII

So, this religion is accusing whoever denies that Jesus is the Savior of all humans. However, Jesus wrote nothing for us, and his followers gave us a contradictory set of books,

Actually, all those contradictions have been rectified. Like Jesus being in the grave three days and three nights, ending Saturday night. Clearly he died on a Thursday. No problem, per the bible he died on Thursday, Nisan 20th. So many "contradictions" in the gospels are due to incompetent misreading and interpretation most of the time. There are no contradictions. But if you have a favorite one you are still in doubt about, please let me know.

• LorenzoSmithXVII
    LorenzoSmithXVII

Are you kidding? Why did Jesus have to die? He had to die to offer up his perfect, childness body for the inherited death sentence upon Adam's chidlren.

Furthermore, Adam understood precisely what he was doing. He made q choice. He chose to worship and love his wife more than God. That was his choice. It cost a lot.

But underlying Adam's fall is who else got the death sentence, namely, Satan. The test was really a test for Satan. To see if Satan could resist killing billions of innocent people. He couldn't after it was all over. Satan ws frustrated, particularly since the creation of man.

You see, after Adam was created, Jesus, who is Michael the archangel, fell in love with him, that is, with mankind. God recognizes this special love Christ has for mankind by allowing his new wife to be chosen from those among mankind. So you have an angel marrying humans, basically, only the humans, of course are converted to angels. But his new wife essentially takes the place of his old wife. His old original wife was the most beautiful angel in all of heaven, whose beauty corrected him/her. Christ's love for humanity likely pushed Satan over the edge. How could Christ prefer a human, which was no more than an animal to Satan, over him, the most glorious angel in heaven?

So when a chance to kill Adam came up, along with all his offspring, he knew Christ would be devastated and that felt good enough a cause to die for. So Jehovah sort of arranged a window of opportunity for Satan to destroy mankind, but in the process Satan destroyed himself. In the end, Christ's love, mankind, becomes his new but true wife in heaven.

But that reflects on the personalities of Satan vs. Christ. Christ is a kind of down-to-earth kind of person. Even when he was human, he liked hanging out with "real" folk, prostitutes and tax collectors. He didn't like those who were self assumed and haughty and liked being the important ones in the room. Christ found mankind so beautiful and charming, he just couldn't help fall in love with him. this totally pissed off Satan, of course, so Satan tried to get revenge by killing Christ's "new love." Satan didn't care it would mean his/her death, since he was frustrated anyway. He probably figured God would devise a way to kill him off one day anyway or cast him into prison, so why not die a grand death with a grand finish. Kill off the beloved of the Creator and his favorite son who refused to join Satan's rebellion. That is what Satan thought he was doing, until God mentioned that, "Oh, BTW, when I said 'In that very day you shall die," I didn't mean a 24-hour day? Is that what you thought? Oh, sorry. I meant my 1000-year long day."

So in the end, Christ and Satan get divorced and he gets to marry his new love, lots of mankind. And everybody lives happily ever after without Satan around.

Why did Christ have to die? He had to die as a perfect, faithful, human so he could save mankind. Many of whom (1,440,000) he will actually marry; his new wife replacing his old wife, Satan.

• Village Idiot
    Village Idiot

Crazyguy:

"...why did Jesus have to die the way he did a brutal torturous death, why not in his sleep most likely the way Adam went?"

I'm not Christian but I figure that the reasoning is that Adam's sin opened up the way for severe human misery including brutal deaths therefore the brutality of Jesus' atonement.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Its just the way the people who imagined this god to be for all who would follow him.

Such a great god wasn't he , well at least in the minds of people who originally imagined and created him to be.

Strange is not that the leading Hebrew priests at the time didn't see him as the true Messiah, that it was all a pretentious fraud developed by outsiders.

When you think about it, what would be the chances that the leading Hebrews at the time would let the recognized son of their own god, be easily taken away and killed without barely hesitation or hardly any opposition ?

• sir82
    sir82
    So he could make a comeback by possessing the body of a delusional transvestite living in a dumpster?
  • The_Doctor10
    The_Doctor10

Let's go back further and ask, "Why'd Jesus even have to come to earth at all?" Couldn't Jehovah have, in his infinite love, just forgiven humanity sans-sacrifice?

Keep in mind that if you say, "Jesus HAD to die for Jehovah to be able to forgive us," then you're admitting that there are things beyond Jehovah's power, you're saying Jehovah had to follow a law, he couldn't avoid it.

That's the stupidity of the ransom, it hinges on Jehovah making up his own rule for forgiveness. 'How can I bring myself to forgive them? I know! Hey Jesus, c'mere..."

'Jesus didn't die, guess I can't forgive.' ... 'They killed my son! How dare they! Now I can forgive them.' Wait, wut?

• LorenzoSmithXVII
    LorenzoSmithXVII
    sir823 minutes agoSo he could make a comeback by possessing the body of a delusional transvestite living in a dumpster?

Are you kidding? Why would he have to live in a dumpster?

Oh, never mind, I know why!! Dumpsters are made of metal so you get a better streaming signal for i-phone downloads. Obviously he wanted privacy to stream Christian gospel music. He's sounds a bit of a freak to me, though.
  • purrpurr
    purrpurr
    I never really understood that Ransome thing, but also bringing Jesus back to live doesn't that cancel out his previous sacrifice??

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit