Question for gay people

by expatbrit 25 Replies latest jw friends

• Sunchild
    Sunchild
    The problems arise becuase people may interprete the word 'tolerance' differently.

I think that's exactly right. I've gotten used to characters whose "tolerance" for people who are different is little different from my "tolerance" for George W. Bush: I find him completely ignorant, loathsome and repugnant and sincerely wish I didn't have to deal with him, but I respect his right to exist. That's it. I've also found that the kind of bigotry that bothers me most doesn't come from people like members of the KKK. It comes from the people who see themselves as open-minded, but don't realize how prejudiced they really are. People who KNOW they have bigoted views are easier to educate than the ones who simply refuse to see it. Therefore, I'm a bit suspicious of those who feel the need to prove to me how "tolerant" they are of people like me while, at the same time, saying/doing ignorant things.

It is also a fact that especially many heterosexual males who don't care about religious moralism nevertheless are æsthetically turned off by homosexuality...

*g* And somewhat paradoxically, the vast majority of these same men would be downright tickled to watch me make out with a woman. Go figure.

When we're talking about stupid expressions, I think the most absurd is "gay lifestyle." What, pray tell, is that?

Beats the heck out of me. If homosexuality is just about sex, then why, praytell, am I still a virgin?

*Rochelle the Eternally Perplexed.

---------
    "Most men complacently accept 'knowledge' as 'truth'. They are sheep, ruled by fear."
    -- Sydney Losstarot, "Vagrant Story."

• Sunchild
    Sunchild
    This is not saying that differences should not be acknowledged. Perhaps another rung should be added to the ladder. Can't think of a word, but something involving celebrating differences and using them to create positivity, not negativity.

Maybe "celebration" would fit the bill, especially since it's already there. Acknowledge the differences and celebrate them as just another part of what makes us all unique and wonderful human beings.

*Rochelle.

---------
    "Most men complacently accept 'knowledge' as 'truth'. They are sheep, ruled by fear."

• Sunchild
    Sunchild
    Rochelle!! Glad to see you here. I remember you from Kent's G&L Board, which has been excruciatingly quiet for a very long time.

Hi, RedhorseWoman. I think I made, like, one post there, and then left and forgot about it because no one was using the board. In any case, thanks for the hello.

I make it a practice not to "tolerate" people. I either like them or dislike them for who they are as people, sexual orientation be damned. I expect the same from them.

Works for me. I think life is much easier that way, when you don't waste it worrying about other people's business.

*Rochelle.

---------

• Farkel
    Farkel

: I have chosen to be disowned rather than simply tolerated. For me, being tolerated by someone who supposedly loves me is not enough.

The problem with you "demanding" to be accepted is simple. If one has to demand anything from anyone else, including respect and acceptance, the demandee does not give it willingly. People will either freely tolerate and love you for what you are and are not, or they won't. Tell the latter to go to hell and be done with them. Don't waste your time demanding anything of them.

Farkel

• Ocean
    Ocean

Hatred is ugly in any form it does not matter what the persons personal weakness might be. The list of sins is clear and not hard to understand. However, a great sacrifice was given to provide for the sins of all mankind and a way to repentance and spiritual healing that leads to a putting on of the new personality. We all have something to bare in this world and no one should ever feel unacceptable because of any human weakness. We are all part of the human family and as such should be treated with dignity and respect. Dont forget God is LOVE and hatred is from the other side baby...

He wants ALL to have eternal life that includes former homosexuals, murderers, thieves, drunkards and yes even us gluttons...

Take Care
    Ocean

Oh and remember ALL have sinned and fallen short of the glory of God...Who are you oh man to Judge the houseservant of another to his own master he either stands or falls indeed he can be made to stand...So it depends not on the one wishing but upon God who has mercy...

• SanFranciscoJim
    SanFranciscoJim
    He wants ALL to have eternal life that includes former homosexuals, murderers, thieves, drunkards and yes even us gluttons...

That includes current homosexuals, too, my friend. There is no such thing as a "former" homosexual any more than there is such thing as a "former" blonde. You can dye your hair, but the roots always grow back.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit