I'M GETTIN' NERVOUS!

by Mary 18 Replies latest jw friends

• Mary
    Mary

My surgery (hysterectomy) is scheduled for this Friday and I'm getting really nervous.........nervous that the cancer may have spread, nervous about the pain, nervous about what I'm going to go through mentally, physically and emotionally afterwards (I guess I'll be going through the change of life real quick). I've done pretty good so far: am trying to keep positive, eating right, exercising (I've lost 15 lbs!), meditating, and I'm going on Tuesday to someone who does Reiki (I think that's how you spell it).

It really helps to hear of anyone else who's gone through a tough operation, so if anyone can give me words of encouragement, now's the time...........thanks!

• Been there
    Been there

Mary, Email me, I'll talk to you.

Been There, done that. Better to talk off board.

Edited by - been there on 6 October 2002 19:25:22

• onacruse
    onacruse

((Mary))

I've had 9 surgeries in the last 20 years, including 3 left hand reconstructions, one sinus (deviated septum) and 4 left knee reconstructions (the last being a total joint replacement). All said and done, the surgeries weren't all that bad...challenging, but not bad.

My very best wishes for your swift and total recovery.

Craig

• Prisca
    Prisca

I can't offer any surgery experience but I can offer you a huge hug

((((((((((((((((Mary))))))))))))))))))

• LyinEyes
    LyinEyes

Dearest Mary, here are some hugs((((((((((((((((( mary))))))))))))).

We will all be anxious to hear how things went with your surgery, and I will think of you .Please let us know how things are going, and stay postive , you sound like you have a good plan to get in recovery.

Take care, hugs, dede

• DJ
    DJ

Hi Mary,

I just wanted to let you know that you have been in my prayers. I will keep you in them. I think it is normal to have the jitters. It will all be fine though, you'll see. Love, Dj

• Realist
    Realist

(((((((((((((((Mary))))))))))))))))
     a very good friend of my family had the same operation 
    in her mid 40ties...now she is almost 60 and she is doing great! 
    she was also very afraid of what might happen but everything went 
    well. 
    please don't worry to much!!!!! 
    Realist
  • pettygrudger
    pettygrudger

Mary - I had a very good friend (42) go through surgery for the same thing 6 months ago. Her recovery has been great. Mood swings at times, but other than that everything is honky dory & she is still "cancer free". The Docs are thinking she has made a full recovery. In fact, with her estrogen replacement & hormone replacement, she actually is enjoying sex more (no fear of little bambino's). I wouldn't say it wasn't without ups & downs, she had crying spells, etc. etc. but there was minimal pain.

Good luck to you Mary - it isn't easy but I think you'll be surprised at how quickly you'll recover from this.

• bikerchic
    bikerchic

(((((((((((((((((((((Mary)))))))))))))))))))))

Please relax, I'm sure the Reiki and meditation will help you to think positive thoughts. Take deep breaths......know you have many friends here who are sending you their love. My very best wishes for a speedy recovery!

bc

• Swan
    Swan

BEST WISHES MARY!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit