WTS Prevarication

by onacruse 3 Replies latest jw friends

• onacruse
    onacruse

Friday I was talking with a friend who has posted many times on this board, and he told me this is one of his "favorite" passages:

Job 13:

7 "Are you defending God by means of lies and dishonest arguments?
    8 You should be impartial witnesses, but will you slant your testimony in his favor? Will you argue Gods case for him?
    9 Be careful that he doesnt find out what you are doing! Or do you think you can fool him as easily as you fool people?
    10 No, you will be in serious trouble with him if even in your hearts you slant your testimony in his favor.
    11 Doesnt his majesty strike terror into your heart? Does not your fear of him seize you?
    12 Your statements have about as much value as ashes. Your defense is as fragile as a clay pot."

(New Living Translation)

We were talking specifically about SilentLambs, but this passage covers SO MUCH other behavior by the WTS and damage due to their policies.

Reminds me of another couple of passages:

Matthew 12:37 "For by your words you will be acquitted, and by your words you will be condemned." (NIV)

1 Timothy 5:24 "Remember that some people lead sinful lives, and everyone knows they will be judged. But there are others whose sin will not be revealed until later." (NLT)

Craig

• abbagail
    abbagail

Thank you Craig, Excellent! (and thanks to your friend, too) as I would never have run across the Job scripture. How exactly right on, since the WTS feels it has to "cover God's butt" so to speak, as if He can't handle vindication of Himself. Now that's mighty presumptuous of the JWs, wouldn't you say? ("God is a cripple and can't stand up for Himself, so we'll just cover things over to make Him Look Good.")

Your additions in Matt. & Tim. are also well worth noting. I appreciate being reminded of scriptures. The Bible really has a great way of saying things, doesn't it? I like it's straight-forwardness.

Grits

• onacruse
    onacruse

Grits, "The Bible really has a great way of saying things, doesn't it? I like it's straight-forwardness."

Yes, and what gets to me most, and is why I started this thread, is the patently obvious hypocrisy of the WTS in the things they say...and the things they say vs. the things they do.

Here's another:

"Every violation of truth is not only a sort of suicide in the liar, but is a stab at the health of human society."
    Ralph Waldo Emerson

Craig

• searcher
    searcher

I prefer Amos 3:13,14

13 Hear and give witness in the house of Jacob is the utterence of the Sovereign Lord Jehovah, the God of the armies.

14 For in the day of my holding an accounting for the revolts of Israel against Him, I will also hold an accounting against the alters of Bethel, and the horns of the alter will certainly be cut off and must fall to the earth. (NWT)

New Israel falls, Bethel is destroyed..........I can hardly wait !

searcher.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit