Dear Mommy Dearest....

by LovesDubs 11 Replies latest jw friends

• LyinEyes
    LyinEyes

Tink I totally understand what you are saying and I agree. I have forgiven my father for many things ,in my heart. But he is not a good person and alot of his actions are not because of being a witness.

He has done some evil things to me and others , that I just cant say on the open board. One day I will tell you in person and you will understand how evil he really is.

If he was just a father that choose a religion over his daughter, I could say he was only doing what he thought was right, or he is brainwashed, or he really loves me. But in my dad's case it is not true.

I have been mourning him for 17 years, and will mourn from now on ,until I die, nothing has changed in the way he has treated me. I changed, I stopped begging for his attention, I gave up and moved on the best way I could.

When my mom died, I greived over her. I know she was in pain and didnt mean to hurt me. But she can't make it better, she can't come back .

My dad has willingly hurt me, knowing thru my words to him and many tearful talks, I needed him.

He choose to hurt me again and again, year after year. Now he will use the excuse that I am D/A to not have anything to do with me. Good for him, he has a way out now. He can make sure all the circuit knows of my rebellion and after all it was all my fault , our relationship. And they know the truth , they saw it and yet they will choose his side because he is still in.

Thanks Tink, for what you said and you are so right, and God I wish my dad was just being brainwashed and I could still have hope . But honestly I know what I am saying , I am not just now seeing my dad for what he is, or finally seeing that he is dead. I have been going thru this for years.

I think I may be going thru closure. And funny thing, is that I don't love him like I used to. This feeling is what surprises me the most, I never give up on anyone , but in his case I have.

I feel I don't know who he is. Maybe I never did.

• goatlike
    goatlike

We can write our letters, say our goodbyes, and try to be as happy as we can. Our children have no grandparents and we are orphans, all because of a cult.

exactly

Edited by - goatlike on 6 October 2002 15:47:19

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit