Comments You Will Not Hear at the 10-6-02 WTS

by blondie 14 Replies latest watchtower bible

• blondie
    blondie

Sorry, pistoff, I don't know why that is happening. Others can read it. Are you having problems reading any other posts?

sorry, nano, no one can tell us who us who we must forgive. As far as criminals go, child molesters have the highest rate of repeating the crime. Convicted molesters usually have conditions connected with any early paroles and sometimes for several years after their sentence ends. The most frequent condition is that the person not be around children. I would just call the probation office and talk to that person's agent and tell them about the children at risk, especially if any of them are past victims of that particular molester.

It's too bad, nano, that the elders are so ignorant or uncaring. My experience is that there are 2 categories of elders, the mean, unloving ones and the cowards that let them be mean and unloving to the publishers. Eventually, some of the cowards develop a backbone and a conscience and step down and eventually leave.

Edited by - Blondie on 6 October 2002 12:47:47

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Nice one, Blondie . I also thought that today's study article had some choice comments

para 10.."Reply to questioners that "It would displease my God" rather than "It is against my religion"..

People are not that daft! ... Any householder would see through that , any way is your god a different one to ours? Some years ago I recall a WT saying something similar and I thought ,even then as an elder, that it was a devious thing to print .

par 13. "Granted, "the war of the great day of God the Almighty" is looming ever nearer, and many among mankinds billions will be destroyed. Yet we do not know who will live and who will die. That judgment lies in the future and belongs to the one Jehovah has appointed, Jesus Christ. Until the judgment is passed, we view each individual as having the potential to become a servant of Jehovah."

This caused a BIG argument in our car coming home . Sister Bluesbrother is now convinced that my main objection has been swept away , namely that it is wrong to preach the fortold slaughter of people unless they "Come into the Truth".

Unfortunately I do not think this is a major swing in policy. Rather the fudging of the issue as we have seen alluded to before - although not so boldly.When it suits them they say moderated things as above , but come the next time they want to crack the whip then it will be back to "Get out in the ministry because they will die unless you can bring them in", or similar .

Still , we will wait and see. .

It is good to meet on the board with others who think the same as I do. It reassures me that I am not the only one!

• minimus
    minimus

Blondie, as usual, you are priceless. Do you think the writing dept. or the legal dept. write the mags?

• blondie
    blondie

Nice comments, Bluesbrother. Sister Bluesbrother should know it's not what they say, it's what they do, that matters. She's not ready yet. She eventually will wake up to the facts.

Matthew 23:1-3 ***

23 Then Jesus spoke to the crowds and to his disciples, saying: 2 "The scribes and the Pharisees have seated themselves in the seat of Moses. 3 Therefore all the things they tell YOU , do and observe, but do not do according to their deeds, for they say but do not perform.

Edited by - Blondie on 6 October 2002 14:14:9

• blondie
    blondie

Do you think the writing dept. or the legal dept. write the mags?

(Accord to Fred Franz, Jehovah is the editor of the Watchtower. I wonder what the turnaround time is from submission to the editor and the return to the WTS?)

Well, I'm sure that there is a developed schedule of topics. Some are selected as much as 6 to 9 months in advance and are always covered every year. The writing department is made up of over 200 brothers who perform various core and supporting functions. There is a lot of cutting and pasting nowadays since any so-called Bible researchers are mouldering in their graves. Every article is checked by legal for obvious reasons I would think. There are those who check the quotes (I think it is deliberate that they leave out so much of the name of the individual, document quoted, pages, and date of document). I'm sure those making the decisions are no longer of the anointed.

I realize that the information in the publications many times does not reflect what is in the Elder's manual and the letters the elder bodies and COs/DOs receive from the branch office (Service Desk) which is controlled by another committee (rumored to be controlled by Ted Jaracz).

So to sum up, JWs are being fed regurgitated informaton with a few comments on current problems that those in power at Bethel are trying to head off at the pass. No anointed (or very few) are any longer involved in the selection or development of the articles. I remember the Fred Franz glory days and no one involved in these articles has any chutzpah or creativity. Fred could be entertaining if long-winded. Knorr was just long-winded.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit