A question about UAVs. ( Drones )

by DATA-DOG 2 Replies latest jw friends

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

I'm looking into UAV certification. I can pilot a UAV, I'm sure of that, and I think they will become a good source of employment in civilian life. At least everything I have read supports that idea.

There are multiple websites that offer classes/certification, but where do you start? Some courses are more expensive than others, ranging from $500.00 USD to $1,500.00 USD for a week long course that seems to be more comprehensive.

Does anyone have any insight on this field, or recommendations for classes? Thanks.

DD

• Splash
    Splash

The CAA have some guidelines which might affect the choice you make.

Seems it's more about safety than piloting at the moment.

If you have a specific line of work in mind, try to find out what qualifications the current drone pilots have.

• av8orntexas
    av8orntexas

I've looked at it myself. The places I've seen are your typical Military contractors and most positions were in Southern California or the South Pacific. Boeing,Northrup Gruman, Lockheed, etc

From what I saw Some military experience would help big time. If you're going to work for one of the private sector contractors then def having your B.S. will probably be required. If not I'd say a license of some sort. FAA Commercial, A&P, or Dispatch with some experience a Major more than likely. The dispatch being the cheapest.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit