'I Still Believe It's The Truth'!

by ISP 11 Replies latest jw friends

• ISP
    ISP

We have heard that recently from two individuals. One is a DF'd sister,who works in a city centre dept. store and another is a sister who has simply left the hall and moved to another address. She is happy not to attend and doesn't want anyone to know where she is. BTW both of them have left for romantic reasons and I don't blame them! I thought they might gain some comfort from our view that the WTS is full of garbage……but I was in for a surprise! In fact there was an element of shock that we no longer believed! The reaction toward us was every bit as negative as it would be if we were talking to some regular dubs! Hmmmmmmm

My wife and I couldn't quite work it out but I suppose it shouldn't surprise us really. Some that leave do not necessarily leave because they have issues over doctrine etc. They just leave and still believe, it appears, the full hit of WTS stuff. They both had a degree of disapproval with our course. The one that was DF'd mentioned the Evil Slave Class! Anyone else come across stuff like this? We are generally discrete as to our disbelief, but we were quite upfront with these and subsequently felt we said too much!

ISP

• stephenw20
    stephenw20

well for 15 yrs I felt guilty for not attending meetings...view ed myself as a witness.....so I know it is not easy.....if you are in long enough you get the idea there is no where else to go

it is freightening

I am glad the light came through to me finally!

• JT
    JT

due to the following files

apostate.exe
    wehavetruth.dll
    noquestioning.bak

even when jw leave for moral reasons they still beleive

currently i know an elder's wife who has been sleeping with a coworker now for over 2 months they get together 3 times a week

i asked the nonjw lady who is a friend of hers to share some apostate info with her and the next day she informed me that the elder's wife went off on her for asking her to read that material

yet she is attending meetings and out in service and at the same time giving away "Coochie" left and right

how sad

james
    due to thseyou are correct the indoctrination file known as

• Farkel
    Farkel

: i asked the nonjw lady who is a friend of hers to share some apostate info with her and the next day she informed me that the elder's wife went off on her for asking her to read that material

Maybe she thought she was asked to read it during her acts of adultery. THAT would take away all the fun and one could see why she was ticked off in that case!

Farkel

• Gianluca
    Gianluca

Unfortunately many think that Liberty means responsibility. That is why most Jw's and some X-JW's dread it.

Ciao
    Gianluca

• JT
    JT

Maybe she thought she was asked to read it during her acts of adultery. THAT would take away all the fun and one could see why she was ticked off in that case

this could be it

james

• Pathofthorns
    Pathofthorns

This is probably one of the more frustrating expressions to hear as your friend exhales on his cigarette and says ".. but I still believe it's the truth."

(Right after "where else do we go? What else is there?" LOL)

Path

• joelbear
    joelbear

One must realize that people believe what they believe because they deeply need to believe it for some reason or another. Some need an outside entity to tell them how to live to reassure them that they are living correctly. Some cannot deal with the reality of the natural world where war, sickness, misery and death are part of life, so they disconnect from reality and say, any day now things will be fixed. Some people need this just to get by from day to day.

We who no longer or who never believed it was "the Truth" didn't need to believe it. Which doesn't make us better or worse, just different.

hugs to all

Joel

• JanH
    JanH

Yup, experienced it many times.

Generally, people who respond with horror to people leaving JWdom over doctrinal or ethical issues are people who 1) know very little about their own religion, and next to nothing about its history; 2) never were very active in the first place, thus being hypocrites; and 3) violates what they claim are their own moral principles, again being hypocrites.

My experience is that all you can do in such cases is to let them politely know you'd be willing to help them if they should decide to engage their brains one day, and then do the proverbial shaking-of-dust-from-shoes and get on with life. As exJWs we have no obligation to run around saving people, especially not from their own idiocy. There's a life ahead for us, and we gotta live it.

- Jan
    --
    "Common sense is the collection of prejudices acquired by age eighteen"
    -- Albert Einstein

• BadAssociate
    BadAssociate

isp - do you and your wife a favour - dont bother trying to figure shit like that out - it doesnt make sense

never has

never will

and thats the truth

BADASS

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit