Thanks to the warriors!

by DJ 8 Replies latest jw friends

• DJ
    DJ

I wanted to express my thanks to the prayer warriors that posted yesterday to thread about my dad. I experienced a major lift last night which carried over to today! My pop has some tests to go thru again. One tumor has gotten pretty large and that caused a lot of edema in his brain. The result is some confusion and he mixes up his words. He is taking steroids to reduce the swelling which make him seriously hungry, so I am bringing him food, italian of course! He still has his sense of humor and even the stern faced doctors crack a smile now and then. The nurses are all in love with him. lol He made me laugh so hard today that I thought my sides would split.

He loves me despite knowing that I am opposed to his religion. He knows that I am now a Christian and doesn't judge me. I wish that all jw's could be like him. My family does notice this and they are trying to treat me w/ more civilty although it's harder for them. I don't mind anymore. I'm used to it and I remember feeling the same way about 'opposers'. I still hold up my request for prayers, please? The world will be sadder place without him in it. He's never won a single person to the jw's. I think that's great, just don't tell him. I think it's because he doesn't press people with the typical fear to join. He's too sweet for that. Hold him in prayer please, and thanks again for the prayers already said because I am positive of the effects! Thanks Guys! For all those self-declared non-prayers who responded: Thanks for the kind words and you made me laugh because I remember feeling the same way and your in my prayers, if that's ok?

Love, Dj

• Jesika
    Jesika

Good to see you in better spirits!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I don't mind if I am in your prayers, I just personally never felt spiritual, so find no need or want to pray. You are in my thoughts, as your father is. Give him a big kiss for me would ya?

Love,

Jes

• Double Edge
    Double Edge

Hi D.J....

You sound much better. Of course you and your dad will be in my prayers today. Thanks for the update...

• mamashel
    mamashel

I am so happy for you DJ. We will continue to keep you in our prayers,

love

mamashel

• Francois
    Francois

I have seen great things happen when a group of sincere people all prayed for the same thing at the same time.

Please accept my suggestion that we all engage in a Circle of Light & Power tonight at 9:00 p.m. (adjusted for eastern daylight time). The idea is that we all pray for recovery for DJ's father and that we do it at the same time tonight.

If you're game, just start your conversation with Father at nine tonight.

francois

• gumby
    gumby

If you're game, just start your conversation with Father at nine tonight.

What the hay! It surely can't hurt. Nice idea Frankie baby.....9:00 p.m. it is!

DJ.....sounds like you have an awful sweet dad. His goodness will always be remembered. I hope he recovers

• Nikita
    Nikita

DJ, I was just thinking about you-I'm glad to hear you are hanging in there. Your pop sure does sound like a special man! I will continue to pray.

Hugs,

Leslie

• Sadie5
    Sadie5

Glad to hear he is doing better. Will continue praying.

Sadie

• DJ
    DJ

(((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((You Guys are Great!!!!!!!!))))))))))))))))))))))))))

I'm game that's for sure. It's so heart-warming to know that we'll be praying at the same time! Uh oh, I'm on the east coast, what about time differences?? LOL, I think God knows about those. My husband and kids will be praying too. Thank you so much!! Love, Dj (((((((Francois)))))))))

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit