Louisiana...

by pomegranate 18 Replies latest jw friends

• pomegranate
  • bigboi
    bigboi

Oh my damn!

• Trotafox
    Trotafox

Pomegranate (and all in Lili's path): You live on Louisiana coast or thereabouts in "Lili's" territory? If so, batton up the hatches and leave EARLY and for God's sake, STAY SAFE. I was around with Andrew (Category 4; later officially declared Category 5). Wasn't fun but you'll get through it. Please tell me you're evacuating. In fact, you should be otta there NOW and not even reading this.

Foxy

• Kenneson
    Kenneson

My sister lives in Plaquemine (Iberville Parish); a nephew in Port Allen (West Baton Rouge Parish) and a niece in Prairieville (Ascension Parish)--all in the projected warning area. And I have scores of friends and relatives in St. Martin, Lafayette, St. Landry Parishes. Don't know if they will be as greatly effected. The worst La. hurricane I remember was Audrey in 1957, when 500 people died at or near Cameron, but I was visiting my sister then and we only had minimal winds there. However, in 1964 I was in Hilda with 110 mile per hour winds and in 1965 for Betsy (another bad storm with 75 drowning in New Orleans). Lili, though, reminds me of Camille, which hit La. & Mississippi and Andrew which first hit Homestead (south Florida) and then Louisiana (Morgan City area). If it maintains its present course and strength, Louisiana could be severely effected. I hope it weakens considerably before landfall.

• rocky220
    rocky220

Has anyone heard from Cassiline & Maximus Flash?????!!....rocky220

• LyinEyes
    LyinEyes

I called Cassi, the other day, but Max said she was sleeping. I think she is still having troubles with her physical problems. He sounded tired on the phone. But where they are , they should be a safe distance from severe weather, butthe flood waters could hit all of southern Louisiana. We live in the upper northwestern part of Louisiana , around Shreveport, so we just get winds and rain. I pray everyone will be ok , down around New Orleans. Big and Spidermonkey are right in that area , right? Keep safe and let us know as soon as ya can if everything is alright. KKluv are you down that area too?

Lyin and WildTurkey

• bigboi
    bigboi

I was born and raised here in New Orleans. During all that time I've never personally experienced flood waters due to a hurricane that resulted in streets becoming impassable. However it has happened in many parts of this city. Most of them outside the levee protected areas. In order for widespread damage to occur in metro New Orleans the flood waters would have to be pushed either over or through the levees. That generally won't happen unless the city is overtaken by what they call a direct hit, a powerful storm like Lily entering the city via the mouth of the Mississippi River. That would probably bring about a 20-25 ft surge of water that would easily overcome the levee system and innundate the city, submerge the pumps and basically wipe New Orleans off the map. Lily isn't taking that course towards New Orleans. For those places to the west of Metro New Orleans, it's gonna be rough. They're probably gonna get that 20-25 ft surge. It' won't be pretty.

ONE.....

bigboi

• nowaytess
    nowaytess

Trofax,

I lived in teh Lakeland area (Just moved 2 weeks before from Boston) when Andrew hit. We got some heavy rain and no damage. I lived just too far North.

Many of my friends were contractors who were allowed in to help with the rebuilding work after teh storm, Now they went down as soon as OK was given about 2 weeks. My firends were devistated by teh massive destruction.

My friends told me the true count of the dead was more than told. Those who were counted were those who citizen and people who had loved one looking for them. I felt many of the ollegals werenot in the number and those who are forgotten.

My advice, don't hang around!!!! GET OUT NOW!! Have a can of spray paint if you are a homeowner and just put the name of you insurence company spray painted on your house!

• KKLUV155
    KKLUV155

Hi bigboi, I live just about 65 miles NNW of New Orleans. About 35 miles east of Baton Rouge. Did everything go OK with you during the storm? It didn't get very bad here. Hope all went well.

kkluv

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit